[10/27/16 - 02:05 PM] truTV's Short-Form Comedy Series "Rachel Dratch's Late Night Snack" Returns Wednesday, Nov. 2 In this weekly showcase, comedy fans will be treated to a lineup of original offerings from some of the biggest and brightest creators spanning a variety of styles from character-driven shorts to animation to music videos and much more.
[via press release from truTV]
truTV's Short-Form Comedy Series "Rachel Dratch's Late Night Snack" Returns Wednesday, Nov. 2
Starting Wednesday, November 2 at 10:30pm ET/PT, truTV will cook up some more short form comedy with the mid-season return of Rachel Dratch's Late Night Snack. In this weekly showcase, comedy fans will be treated to a lineup of original offerings from some of the biggest and brightest creators spanning a variety of styles from character-driven shorts to animation to music videos and much more. Below is a comprehensive list of the different sketches that will appear in upcoming episodes, and you can check out the all-new trailer for Rachel Dratch's Late Night Snack here:
The following shorts will be featured in upcoming episodes of Rachel Dratch's Late Night Snack:
· 7 Minutes in Heaven: Comedian Mike O'Brien interviews celebrities in his closet about all sorts of fun topics including history, politics, pets, and waxing your body parts.
· After the Election: What happens at polling locations the day after a presidential election? Do the old people who work there have homes to go to? What happens to the previous president? Again, no one knows. Finally, KJHF News is bringing you an exclusive exposé. Our investigative journalists have gone all out to show you what actually happens after the votes are in and the doors are closed.
· Alec Baldwin's Love Ride: Certified International Relationship Guru, Alec Baldwin, takes to the streets, picking up unsuspecting couples in a limo. Then he learns their stories and provides them with hilarious (and sometimes poignant) relationship advice.
· Athlete Commercials: Real athletes promote bizarre products and businesses through commercials in this Late Night Snack short.
· Austin Martinez Comedy: Austin Martinez Comedy is New York based duo, Molly Austin and Shamikah Martinez. They've tapped into their inner Outkast to create original characters and songs with topics ranging from manliness to how to get away with farting in the same bed as your bae.
· Blank Meets Blank: In Blank Meets Blank, top comedians pitch improbable combinations of favorite cinema classics, reborn as future hit films. Each episode shows a journey from the board room to the BIG SCREEN as these hilarious, genre-bending, blockbusters are brought to life.
· Classified Comedy: Actual Craigslist, Yelp and want ad posts are brought to life through comedic recreations.
· Cocktales with Little Esther: Created by Two Trick Pony in partnership with Above Average, Cocktales with Little Esther is a chat show in which comedian Esther Povitsky sits down with a group of fellow female comics for a fun and silly chat about the often awkward relationship with sex.
· The Cut Up: Comedian Molly Hawkey inserts herself into the conversation of pre-existing interviews and round table discussions, and the outcome is... hilarious.
· Found Footage Files: Childhood friends and lifelong video collectors, Joe Pickett (The Onion) and Nick Prueher (Late Show with David Letterman), introduce clips from long lost videos, telling the stories behind the tapes and offering up their comedic observations from over 20 years in the video trenches.
· Hasty: These parody videos of the well-known "how to make _____ dish" are accompanied by a well-known celebrity's stereotypical VO.
· Hollywood Horror Stories: This new series explores the most racist, sexist and offensive stories through the eyes of our favorite comedians and celebrities. In each short episode, one celebrity/comedian will narrate his/her outrageous story with the help of crazy, unique animations that push the comedy over the top.
· In The Booth: Individual musical artists are parodied in a sketch played out in the recording booth. Two music producers guide each artist.
· The Kloons: A series of short, comedic commercial parodies.
· Laff Mob: A short-form series featuring a diverse group of established and up-and-coming stand-up comics who have their jokes brought to life by hilarious reenactments.
· Rachel Dratch's Character Pieces: Rachel Dratch wears many hats in this season of Late Night Snack including an abrasive soccer mom, an obsessed Pinterester, an awkwardly obscene boss, and a mid-century socialite named Cornelia.
· Mutha: Mutha is at the comedic intersection of 8 Mile and I Love Lucy. Creator Mandy May Cheetham portrays a suburban housewife who fantasizes about becoming a rapper. Fed up with living for everyone else's dreams, she accidentally finds a way to express her rage through hip hop, only to discover she's actually pretty good at it. The show is based on Cheetham's real life as a suburban Mom turned international hip hop karaoke champion and her awkward adventures as she tries to enter the rap world.
· Passive Aggressive History: Get ready for a comedic look at defining moments in history - through the imagined petty conversations of the legendary individuals who lived them. Whether it's the infighting crew of the Apollo 11 or sexism-suffering Suffragettes, the series chronicles every eye roll, backhanded compliment, and clench-toothed smile behind the iconic events that shaped our world.
· Recreational Marijuana State Tourism Commercials: Tourists love to sightsee, but everyone knows that sightseeing is so much better when you're high. That's why this series of state tourism promotional videos will convince you to visit a state where recreational marijuana is legal. The videos will encourage you to take in all the sights while your mind is completely spliffed out.
· Sex Your Food: Food is a big part of almost everyone's life, but most people don't know how to determine the physical sex of the food they are eating. This season on Sex Your Food, Taylor Moore teaches you techniques to discover the sex of common foods and dishes like ground beef, sheet cake, party punch, and more.
· Shrink: A short-form series where Alex Karpovsky asks celebrities who have been in therapy for years to condense everything they've learned about themselves while 'on the couch' into a 2-3 minute summary.
· Where Are They Now?: Go on a comedic exploration of some of the most iconic fictional characters from pop culture history - in the future. For example, did Ferris Bueller grow up to become a high school principal? What happened to the rest of the "plastics" from Mean Girls? And did Dorothy and the Scarecrow end up getting married? You get the idea.
[02/16/17 - 11:28 PM] Development Update: Thursday, February 16 Updates include: Kevin Smith brings "Sam & Twitch" to BBC America; Retta tapped for "Good Girls" at NBC; and Jonathan Krisel to helm "Ghosted" at FOX.