Amazon Greenlights Untitled Hannah Grant Tour de France Project Exclusively for Prime Video
The Amazon Original Series Follows the First Female Chef at the Famed Grand Tour Cycling Race
SEATTLE - Jun. 26, 2017 - (NASDAQ: AMZN) - Amazon today announced it has greenlit an untitled Hannah Grant Tour de France series for Prime Video. The Amazon Original Series is a documentary adventure series about the incredible athletes competing in the 104th Tour de France and the food that keeps them alive. The series follows Grant, known as the Queen of Performance Cooking among pro cyclists, as she and her crew source and prepare healthy, high-performance meals for Team Orica-Scott's nine riders during the 23-day endurance race that covers 21 stages and 2,200 miles.
The series, inspired by Grant's book The Grand Tour Cookbook, goes behind the scenes at this race-within-a-race, showcasing what it takes to maintain Grant's Michelin star-level cooking standards balanced with the "high octane" dietary needs of professional athletes. During the Tour de France, one of the world's most physically demanding sporting events, the racing team and Grant's entire operation will move daily, starting in Dusseldorf, Germany and ending in Paris for the famous ride through city streets and the finish line at the Champs-élysées. The series will offer unprecedented behind-the-scenes access to one of the largest annual sporting events on the planet that billions around the world watch, featuring a side of the race, the athletes and their support team that many don't even know exists.
"Hannah Grant is a world-class chef who has dedicated her career to fueling some of the world's most incredible athletes, operating under impossible conditions to create cuisine that is gourmet and that also fuels performance," said Conrad Riggs, Head of Unscripted, Amazon Originals. "We are thrilled to give Amazon Prime members an inside look at the organized chaos behind one of the world's most prestigious and intense sporting events, in which Grant and her team thrive."
"It's a rare gift to find a powerful new story angle into a world and event as big as the Tour de France. It's the unprecedented intersection of sports, travel, and food," said Executive Producer Christof Bove. "Our goal is to give Amazon's global audiences an all-access look into the mechanics and passion of this monolithic sporting event. Hannah is part of the vanguard of next generation cooking. She brings with her attitude and insight equal to this world of performance excellence. To survive the Tour, you simply have to be the best of the best."
The series is executive produced by Grant and Bove. The series is produced by Junto Entertainment.
Prime members will be able to stream the series exclusively via the Amazon Prime Video app for TVs, connected devices including Fire TV, mobile devices and online. Members can also download the series to mobile devices for offline viewing at no additional cost to their membership. Hannah Grant's Tour de France will be a global release and available on PrimeVideo.com for Prime Video members in more than 200 countries and territories.
Customers who are not already Prime members can sign up for a free trial at www.amazon.com/prime. For a list of all Amazon Video compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
· Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV shows, including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, Love & Friendship and kids series Tumble Leaf, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe at www.primevideo.com.
· Amazon Channels: Over 100 channel subscriptions that Prime members can add to their membership, including HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, Cinemax, PBS KIDS, Acorn TV and more, plus Anime Strike - the first curated on-demand subscription by Amazon Channels. To view the full list of channels available, visit www.amazon.com/channels
· Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
· Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.com/howtostream
· Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing of select content
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.