[01/25/18 - 06:02 AM] Season Two of Amazon Prime Original "Sneaky Pete" Premieres on March 9 on Prime Video During its series debut last year, "Sneaky Pete" was the second most streamed original scripted series on an opening day with a 100% Rotten Tomatoes score.
[via press release from Amazon]
Season Two of Amazon Prime Original "Sneaky Pete" Premieres on March 9 on Prime Video
Critically acclaimed series stars Emmy nominee Giovanni Ribisi, Marin Ireland, Emmy winner Margo Martindale, Peter Gerety, Libe Barer and Shane McRae, with Emmy winners Graham Yost and Bryan Cranston executive producing
SEATTLE - January 25, 2018 - (NASDAQ: AMZN) - Amazon Prime Video today announced its original dramatic series Sneaky Pete will return for its second season on Friday, March 9. The critically acclaimed Prime Original, a co-production with Sony Pictures Television Studios, revolves around a con man, Marius (Giovanni Ribisi, Avatar) who left prison only to find himself hunted by the vicious gangster he once robbed. With nowhere else to turn, he took cover from his past by assuming the identity of his cellmate Pete, "reuniting" with Pete's estranged family. In the new season, Marius is on the verge of starting fresh, when two thugs, believing he is Pete, threaten to kill the family unless he takes them to Pete's estranged mother Maggie (Jane Adams, Twin Peaks) and the millions she stole from their mysterious employer. Now Marius must tread a dangerous line to find the elusive Maggie, protect the family, and keep up the Pete con, all while finagling a way to ditch the thugs and keep the money for himself.
During its series debut last year, Sneaky Pete was the second most streamed original scripted series on an opening day with a 100% Rotten Tomatoes score. Customers can watch the first season online at Amazon.com/SneakyPete before the next season's ten episodes air on March 9. The series is also available on PrimeVideo.com for Prime Video members in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe.
"After the tremendous critical and customer reception in its first season, we're excited to debut another season of Sneaky Pete," said Sharon Tal Yguado, Head of Scripted Series, Amazon Studios. "Graham and his team have crafted a second season that really raises the stakes for Marius and everyone involved."
Sneaky Pete is created by Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad) and David Shore (The Good Doctor), with Cranston, Graham Yost (The Americans), James Degus (All The Way), Michael Dinner and Fred Golan (Justified) serving as executive producers. The series also stars Marin Ireland (Side Effects) as Julia Bowman, three-time Emmy winner Margo Martindale (The Americans) as Audrey Bernhardt, Shane McRae (Still Alice) as Taylor Bowman, Libe Barer (Parenthood) as Carly Bowman and Peter Gerety (Prime Suspect) as Otto Bernhardt.
The entire second season of Sneaky Pete will be available on Prime Video to stream and Prime members can also download the series to mobile devices for offline viewing at no additional cost to their membership. The series will be available in more than 200 countries and territories for Prime members to watch via the Prime Video app for popular smart TVs, Fire TV, Fire Tablets and Android and iOS phones and tablets. Customers who are not already Prime members can sign up for a free 30-day trial at amazon.com/prime. For a list of all Amazon Prime Video compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
About Prime Video
Prime Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Prime Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
· Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV shows, including popular licensed and self-published content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Prime Originals like The Grand Tour, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and The Tick, Amazon Original Movies such as Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, The Big Sick and The Salesman and kids series, Tumble Leaf, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe at www.primevideo.com
· Live Sports: Sporting events, including AVP volleyball and ATP tennis, are available to watch live on Prime Video in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe
· Amazon Channels: Over 140 channel subscriptions that Prime members can add to their membership, including HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, Cinemax, PBS KIDS, Acorn TV and more. To view the full list of channels available, visit www.amazon.com/channels
· Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
· Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Fire tablets and Apple TV or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.com/howtostream
· Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR), X-Ray and mobile downloads for offline viewing of select content
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
[07/13/18 - 11:46 PM] Development Update: Thursday-Friday, July 12-13 Updates include: Starz renews "Sweetbitter" for second season; Yvette Nicole Brown to guest host "Talking Dead" for AMC; and Rich Sommer joins the cast of The CW's "In the Dark."