NETFLIX'S "ALWAYS BE MY MAYBE" WRITTEN BY AND STARRING ALI WONG AND RANDALL PARK STARTS PRODUCTION
· Netflix's Always Be My Maybe started filming this week in Vancouver, Canada
· Cast: Ali Wong (Sasha), Randall Park (Marcus), Keanu Reeves, Michelle Buteau (Veronica) (Late Night Whenever podcast for WNYC, Broad City), Vivian Bang, Karan Soni (Deadpool 2, Miracle Workers), Charlyne Yi (Paper Heart, Second Act), Daniel Dae Kim (Hellboy, The Good Doctor (Executive Producer), Hawaii Five-0, Lost), James Saito, Lyrics Born, Susan Park (Vice Principals, Fargo, Snowpiercer)
· Ashley Liao and Miya Cech will play Sasha at a younger age; Jackson Geach and Emerson Yin will play Marcus at a younger age; Anaiyah Juliette Bernier and Sasha Zoey Rojen will play Veronica at a younger age
· LOG LINE: Childhood sweethearts have a falling out and don't speak for 15 years. They reconnect as adults when Sasha, now a celebrity chef opening a restaurant in San Francisco, runs into Marcus, a happily struggling musician still living at home working for his dad. The old sparks are still there but can they adapt to each other's world?
· Director: Nahnatchka Khan
· Writers: Ali Wong, Randall Park, Michael Golamco
· Producers: Nathan Kahane (Good Universe), Erin Westerman (Good Universe), Ali Wong, Randall Park
· Executive Producer: Brendan Ferguson
· Co-Producers: Michael Golamco, Brady Fujikawa (Good Universe)
· Netflix will release the film in 2019
· Ali Wong's breakout Netflix stand-up special, Baby Cobra, launched on the service in 2016 and her most recent special Hard Knock Wife debuted this past Mother's Day, both to wide acclaim from critics and fans.
· Wong will voice the lead character of 'Bertie' and serve as executive producer of the series, for the upcoming Netflix animated comedy series Tuca & Bertie.