POP LAUNCHES POP NOW APP, GIVING FANS ON-DEMAND ACCESS TO ITS PREMIUM CONTENT AND ENTERTAINMENT PROGRAMMING
Binge All Four Seasons of Pop's Breakout Hit Comedy "Schitt's Creek,"
Hailed as "One of the Best TV Shows of 2018"
LOS ANGELES - July 26, 2018 - Pop Now, a free app launched today by Pop TV on Apple iOS and tvOS, Android and Roku platforms, delivers on-demand access to the network's original scripted series and entertainment shows, including SCHITT'S CREEK, which has been praised by television critics as "brilliantly scripted" and "one of TV's most consistent delights."
Pop Now is the only streaming platform where fans can watch every episode of SCHITT'S CREEK in the U.S., including the most recent fourth season. Seasons one through three are free to watch on Pop Now, and season four is available using an authenticated TV subscription. Fans can binge the hit comedy prior to its highly anticipated fifth season return on Pop TV in 2019 and its special holiday episode premiering on Wednesday, Dec. 19 at 8:00 PM, ET/PT. Created by Eugene Levy and Daniel Levy, SCHITT'S CREEK features critically acclaimed performances by comedy legends Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara, alongside breakout stars Daniel Levy and Annie Murphy, in a single-camera, character-driven comedy.
In addition to SCHITT'S CREEK, Pop Now features a mix of authenticated and free-to-watch television programming. The app launches with full seasons of Pop's current and library original series, including:
· SWEDISH DICKS: This scripted procedural comedy stars Peter Stormare ("John Wick: Chapter Two," "American Gods," "Fargo"), Johan Glans (Best Male Comedian, "Swedish Comedy Awards"), Vivian Bang ("White Rabbit"), Traci Lords ("Melrose Place") and Felisha Cooper (THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL), as well as special guest star Keanu Reeves ("John Wick"). Catch all episodes of season one for free on Pop Now before the season two premiere on Pop TV on Thursday, July 26 at 10:00 PM, ET/PT.
· WOLF CREEK: Based on the cult-hit horror movie franchise and from its acclaimed creator/director Greg McLean ("Jungle," "The Belko Experiment"), the WOLF CREEK television series centers on serial killer Mick Taylor (John Jarratt) as he terrorizes tourists in the Australian outback. Starting Sept. 1, watch season one of WOLF CREEK on Pop Now using TV authentication before the season two premiere on Pop TV on Sunday, Oct. 21 at 10:00 PM, ET/PT. All six episodes of WOLF CREEK season two will launch on Pop Now immediately following the premiere on Pop TV.
· CLIQUE: From the producers of the British television hit "Skins" comes a binge-worthy drama that follows childhood best friends Georgia (Aisling Franciosi) and Holly (Synnove Karlsen) as they embark on the so-called best years of their lives at a university in Edinburgh. When Georgia is drawn into a seductive world of lavish parties and an elite clique of alpha girls, Holly uncovers a glittering façade, underpinned by sordid compromise and deadly consequences - will their friendship survive? CLIQUE will premiere on Pop with a two-hour television event featuring back-to-back episodes on Wednesday, Nov. 7 at 10:00 PM, ET/PT. All six episodes of CLIQUE will launch on Pop Now immediately following episode two on Pop TV.
· HOLLYWOOD DARLINGS: This fun, fresh comedy stars '90s/TGIF actresses Jodie Sweetin ("Full House," "Fuller House"), Beverley Mitchell ("7th Heaven") and Christine Lakin ("Step by Step") as they navigate showbiz careers, motherhood and friendship. The show's first season is free on Pop Now and features cameos from a bevy of guest stars, including Soleil Moon Frye ("Punky Brewster"), Andrew Keegan ("10 Things I Hate About You"), Tamera Mowry ("Sister, Sister"), Lance Bass (*NSYNC), Andrea Barber ("Full House"), Nicholle Tom ("The Nanny"), Heather Tom (THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS), Patrick Duffy ("Dallas," "Step by Step"), Staci Keanan ("Step by Step") and Wanya Morris (Boyz II Men).
· HOT DATE: This sketch comedy series about love, relationships and dating is based on the viral hit videos seen by millions of fans on CollegeHumor. Stream season one of HOT DATE on Pop Now.
· LET'S GET PHYSICAL, a scripted comedy about the '80s aerobics craze stars Jane Seymour ("Wedding Crashers," "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman"), Matt Jones (MOM, "Breaking Bad"), Chris Diamantopoulos ("Episodes") and AnnaLynne McCord ("90210"). Watch all eight episodes from season one on Pop Now.
· ROCK THIS BOAT: NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK, a two-season docu-series featuring the iconic, chart-topping boy band and their mega-loyal fans is available for free on Pop Now.
· THE SORRENTINOS: This docu-series that follows Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino, one of reality TV's most infamous stars, before his recent return on "Jersey Shore." Watch free episodes on Pop Now.
Fans don't sit at the outskirts of pop culture making snarky comments. They live right smack in the middle of it, sharing, creating and connecting their passions with others. Pop gives fans a dedicated channel that loves being a fan as much as they do. A channel filled with optimism, humor, excitement and a passion for the great times in life - those you remember and those still to come.
Pop is a joint venture of CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) and Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B). The partnership combines CBS' programming, production and marketing assets with Lionsgate's resources in motion pictures, television and digitally delivered content. Pop's ownership structure is comprised of the company with the #1 broadcast network and many of the top first-run syndication series and the studio responsible for the worldwide box office phenomenon "La La Land," winner of six Academy Awards, the blockbuster "Hunger Games," "Twilight Saga," "John Wick" and "Now You See Me" franchises and acclaimed television series including "Orange is the New Black," "Nashville," "Casual," "The Royals" and "Greenleaf."
On the web: www.poptv.com
Pop Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PopTelevision
Pop Twitter: https://twitter.com/PopTV