POLLY WALKER JOINS "PENNYWORTH" IN A RECURRING ROLE
EPIX Original Drama From Warner Horizon Scripted Television,
And Based On The Characters From DC,
Currently in Production at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden, UK
Series Hails from Executive Producers Bruno Heller and Danny Cannon
· Polly Walker has joined the cast in the recurring role of "Peggy Sykes" for the upcoming EPIX drama series PENNYWORTH. PENNYWORTH is from Warner Horizon Scripted Television and based on the characters from DC.
· The 10-episode, one-hour drama series is based on DC characters created by Bob Kane with Bill Finger. It follows Bruce Wayne's legendary butler, Alfred Pennyworth (Jack Bannon), a former British SAS soldier in his 20's, who forms a security company and goes to work with a young billionaire Thomas Wayne (Ben Aldridge), who's not yet Bruce's father, in 1960s London. The series also stars multi-award-winning recording artist Paloma Faith as "Bet Sykes" and Jason Flemyng (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button) as "Lord Harwood."
· Peggy Sykes - sister of Bet Sykes - is one of Lancashire's busiest and most successful dominatrixes. The sensible matriarch in a family of maniacs, Peggy is fiercely loyal, endlessly resourceful, and lives by her own strange but rigorous moral code.
· Walker's previous credits include Line of Duty, Prisoners' Wives, The Mentalist and Rome.
· PENNYWORTH is from executive producer/writer Bruno Heller (Gotham, The Mentalist, Rome) and executive producer/director Danny Cannon (Gotham, CSI series)
· EPIX, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises - all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. A destination for premium content, EPIX is tripling the amount of original programming on the network beginning in 2018, with a roster of original series including Get Shorty starring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano, spy thrillers Berlin Station and Deep State, the return of Mark Burnett's boxing competition series The Contender and late night stand-up comedy series Unprotected Sets from executive producer Wanda Sykes. In 2019, the network will premiere new series Godfather of Harlem starring Forest Whitaker, Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred, from DC and Warner Horizon Scripted Television, and Our Lady, LTD starring Sir Ben Kingsley. Launched in October 2009, EPIX is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
· A division of the Warner Bros. Television Group, Warner Horizon Scripted Television was founded in 2006 and is one of the entertainment industry's leading producers of dramatic and comedic programming for the cable and subscription/on-demand marketplace. Series produced by Warner Horizon Scripted Television include Animal Kingdom and Claws for TNT; David Makes Man, Love Is___ and Queen Sugar for OWN; Fuller House for Netflix; Krypton for SYFY; Pennyworth for EPIX; Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists for Freeform; and You for Lifetime.