Recurring Role as "Gravedigger" in Black Lightning
· Emmy(R) award winner and Grammy nominee Wayne Brady joins the cast of The CW's Black Lightning in a recurring role which will first air in early 2020.
· Brady will play Tyson "Gravedigger" Spikes, a World War II-era member of the U.S. military who became a "super soldier" after a secret experiment gifted him with enhanced strength, agility, tactical genius, and hand-to-hand combat expertise.
· After the war, Spikes defected to the country of Markovia rather than return to a segregated America. His aim to create a sovereign land for metahumans within Markovia sets him on a collision course with the ASA and Black Lightning.
· In addition to acting, Wayne is also a singer, dancer, improviser, and personality who continues to bring powerful performances on both screen and stage.
· The host of CBS's Let's Make A Deal and a regular member of Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Brady has also starred on Broadway as Lola in Kinky Boots, and as Aaron Burr in the Chicago production of Pulitzer Prize and Tony(R)-winning play, Hamilton.
· Produced by Berlanti Productions and Akil Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, Black Lightning airs Mondays at 9/8c on The CW.