[02/26/20 - 09:01 AM] E!'s "The Funny Dance Show" Has Your Favorite Comedians Attempting to Move Their Feet to the Beat as New Competition Series Premieres on Wednesday, March 11 at 10:30PM ET/PT Justine Marino and Heidi Heaslet host the series.
[via press release from E!]
E!'S "THE FUNNY DANCE SHOW" HAS YOUR FAVORITE COMEDIANS ATTEMPTING TO MOVE THEIR FEET TO THE BEAT AS NEW COMPETITION SERIES PREMIERES ON WEDNESDAY, MARCH 11 AT 10:30PM ET/PT
Featuring Hosts Justine Marino and Heidi Heaslet and Judges Loni Love, Allison Holker and Justin Martindale, Comedians Compete For a Chance to Win $10,000 For a Charity of Their Choice
· "The Funny Dance Show" premieres on Wednesday, March 11 at 10:30pm ET/PT on E! during the new "Laughter Hours" programming block.
· Hosts and Judges include:
Hosts, Creators and Executive Producers: Justine Marino and Heidi Heaslet
Judges: Loni Love (comedian and co-host of "The Real"), Allison Holker ("So You Think You Can Dance" and "Dancing with the Stars") and Justin Martindale (comedian and television personality)
· About the Show:
Based off of Justine Marino and Heidi Heaslet's live show developed at The World Famous Comedy Store, "The Funny Dance Show" takes your favorite dance competitions and turns the genre on its head. The new series showcases what can happen when some of the funniest, and sometimes rhythmically challenged, comedians become dancing competitors. Regardless of whether they kill it on the dance floor, the end result is always a belly laugh of a story told through fancy footwork.
· Each week two teams of comedians will work with professional choreographers and an entourage of backup dancers to try and perfect their steps ahead of a series of judged dance-offs. Come showtime, the comedians try not to literally break a leg while performing for a live club audience all in an effort to win $10,000 for a charity of their choice.
· The teams taking to the stage include: Jessimae Peluso and Flula Borg vs. Candice Thompson and Maz Jobrani; Jade Catta-Preta and Marcella Arguello vs. Daniel Franzese and Irene Choi; Fortune Feimster and Willie Hunter vs. Fahim Anwar and Becky Robinson; Ron Funches and Blair Socci vs. Adam Ray and Brad Williams; Kel Mitchell and Carly Jibson vs. Yamaneika Saunders and Jeremiah Watkins, and more.
· "The Funny Dance Show" is an Ugly Brother Studios production with Mike Duffy, Tim Duffy, Justine Marino, Heidi Heaslet and Rob Bagshaw serving as Executive Producers.
About E! Entertainment
E! is the only global, multi-platform brand for all things pop culture. The network is currently available to 91 million cable and satellite subscribers in the U.S and 161 countries globally. E! programming includes popular series "Keeping Up with the Kardashians," "Very Cavallari," "Total Bellas," "Botched," and "E! True Hollywood Story," topical series "Nightly Pop," new series "Meet the Frasers" and the return of the "The Soup." "E! News" is the leading multi-platform publisher delivering breaking entertainment news and pop culture coverage 24/7 across EOnline.com and all digital and social media. The brand's robust programming slate includes two New York based morning shows "E! News" and "Pop of the Morning," along with "In the Room" and "Daily Pop," and digital shows: "E! News' The Rundown," "Face Forward" and "What The Fashion" on Snapchat. E!'s "Live from the Red Carpet" signature events keep fans connected to their favorite stars on pop culture's biggest nights and the "E! People's Choice Awards" celebrates the best in pop culture and is the only award show for the people, by the people. E! is a network of NBCUniversal Entertainment & Lifestyle Group, a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. For more corporate information, visit www.nbcuniversal.com.
About Ugly Brother
Ugly Brother Studios is the award-winning independent production company founded by twin brothers Mike and Tim Duffy in 2014. Ugly Brother produces premium quality content across multiple nonfiction genres including the Emmy-winning and James Beard Award nominated Eat the World with Emeril Lagasse for Amazon, Ron Funches: Giggle Fit and The Comedy Jam on Comedy Central, Shape of Pasta on Quibi and the Nickelodeon hit holiday series Top Elf.