FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION: WATCH CBS ALL ACCESS' EMMY-NOMINATED "STAR TREK: SHORT TREKS" NOW FOR FREE
In Celebration of their Emmy Nomination, All Six Shorts
Now Available to Stream for Free Until August 31 on
CBS.com, CBS Mobile App and YouTube
August 17, 2020 - CBS All Access, ViacomCBS' subscription video on-demand and live streaming service today announced all six shorts in the latest iteration of STAR TREK: SHORT TREKS will be available to watch for free until August 31, as part of the campaign in support of the shorts' Outstanding Short Form Comedy or Drama Series Emmy nomination.
Featuring both live action and animated shorts, STAR TREK: SHORT TREKS are approximately 10- to 15-minute stand-alone stories that allow fans to dive deeper into the key themes and characters that fit into STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, STAR TREK: PICARD and the expanding "Star Trek" universe.
All six shorts are now available to watch for free on CBS.com, CBS mobile apps and YouTube:
· "Q&A" - Ensign Spock's (Ethan Peck) first day aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise doesn't go as planned when he and Number One (Rebecca Romijn) are unexpectedly stuck together in a turbo lift. Written by Michael Chabon. Directed by Mark Pellington.
· "The Trouble with Edward" - Newly minted Captain Lynne Lucero (Rosa Salazar) is excited to take command of the U.S.S. Cabot until she meets Edward Larkin (H. Jon Benjamin), an ornery scientist who believes he has found a revolutionary new use for tribbles... Written by Graham Wagner. Directed by Daniel Gray Longino.
· "Ask Not" - When an attack on Starbase 28 leaves a surprise prisoner under Cadet Thira Sidhu's (Amrit Kaur) watch, she is faced with making a decision that may threaten her standing in Starfleet. Written by Kalinda Vazquez. Directed by Sanji Senaka.
· "The Girl Who Made the Stars" - When a lightning storm in space scares a young Michael Burnham, her father aims to ease her fears with a mythical story about a brave little girl who faced her own fears head on. Written by Brandon Schultz. Directed by Olatunde Osunsanmi.
· "Ephraim and Dot" - Ephraim, a humble tardigrade, is flying through the mycelial network when an unexpected encounter takes her on a bewildering adventure through space. Written by Chris Silvestri & Anthony Maranville. Directed by Michael Giacchino.
· "Children of Mars" - 12-year-old classmates Kima and Lil find themselves at odds with each other on a day that will change their lives forever. Written by Kirsten Beyer & Jenny Lumet & Alex Kurtzman. Directed by Mark Pellington.
Alex Kurtzman, Heather Kadin, Akiva Goldsman, Olatunde Osunsanmi, Frank Siracusa, John Weber, Rod Roddenberry and Trevor Roth serve as executive producers. STAR TREK: SHORT TREKS are produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Secret Hideout and Roddenberry Entertainment.
About CBS All Access:
CBS All Access is ViacomCBS' direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service. CBS All Access gives subscribers the ability to watch more than 20,000 episodes and movies on demand - including exclusive original series, current and past seasons of hit shows from the CBS Television Network and growing libraries from brands across the ViacomCBS portfolio including BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Smithsonian and more, as well as a wealth of films from Paramount Pictures. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. CBS All Access also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream ViacomCBS Digital's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
The service is currently available across all major device platforms including online, mobile and connected TV and OTT platforms and services. Versions of CBS All Access have launched internationally in Canada and Australia (10 All Access), with unique but similar content and pricing plans. For more details on CBS All Access, please visit https://www.cbs.com/all-access.