AMAZON PRIME VIDEO AND IMDB TV ANNOUNCE NEW YORK COMIC CON 2020 PROGRAMMING BLOCK, DEBUTING THURSDAY, OCTOBER 8,
FEATURING NEW AND FAN-FAVORITE SERIES
TRUTH SEEKERS, UTOPIA, ALEX RIDER, THE BOYS, AND INVINCIBLE
CULVER CITY, Calif. - September 23, 2020 - Amazon Prime Video and IMDb TV, Amazon's free streaming service, today announced panels for New York Comic Con's Metaverse for returning, fan-favorite and highly-anticipated, new series Truth Seekers, Utopia, Alex Rider, The Boys, and Invincible. Highlighted by breaking news, exclusives, special previews, and answers to all your burning questions, the panels will feature more than 25 Amazon Original series cast, creators, and crew and will stream on NYCC's official YouTube channel beginning at 2:15 p.m. EST on Thursday, October 8th.
AMAZON PRIME VIDEO NEW YORK COMIC CON'S METAVERSE PANELS:
SERIES: Truth Seekers
ABOUT: Join executive producer and series star Nick Frost (Hot Fuzz), along with co-stars Samson Kayo (Timewasters), Emma D'Arcy (Hanna), Susan Wokoma (Year of the Rabbit), and Malcolm McDowell (A Clockwork Orange), as they discuss the making of this hilarious eight-episode supernatural horror comedy series about a team of part-time paranormal investigators, who team up to uncover and film ghost sightings across the UK, sharing their adventures on an online channel for all to see. Discussion and Q&A moderated by IGN's Terri Schwartz.
WHEN: Thursday, October 8 at 2:15 p.m. EST
SOCIAL: Instagram/Facebook: @AmazonPrimeVideo; Twitter: @PrimeVideo; #TruthSeekers
ABOUT: A twisted, eight-episode thriller about a group of young comic fans who discover the conspiracy in a graphic novel is real, and embark on a high-stakes adventure to save humanity from the end of the world. Join writer and executive producer Gillian Flynn (Gone Girl) and series stars John Cusack (High Fidelity), Rainn Wilson (The Office), Sasha Lane (American Honey), Ashleigh LaThrop (Fifty Shades Freed), Dan Byrd (Cougar Town), Desmin Borges (You're The Worst), and Cory Michael Smith (Gotham) for a Q&A moderated by Variety's Danielle Turchiano.
WHEN: Thursday, October 8 at 3:05 p.m. EST
SOCIAL: Instagram/Facebook/Twitter: @UtopiaOnPrime; #UtopiaTV
SERIES: Alex Rider
ABOUT: Join author and executive producer Anthony Horowitz (Foyle's War) and series star Otto Farrant (Salmon Fishing in Yemen) for a Q&A discussion as they preview this coming of age spy-thriller series, based on the best-selling, global phenomenon book franchise, prior to its November 13th premiere on IMDb TV, Amazon's free streaming service. The series follows a London based teenager named Alex Rider, who has unknowingly been trained since childhood for the dangerous world of espionage, and now finds himself reluctantly working undercover to investigate his uncle's death in a remote boarding school called Point Blanc.
WHEN: Thursday, October 8 at 3:55 p.m. EST
SOCIAL: Instagram/Facebook/Twitter: @IMDbTV; Instagram/Facebook/Twitter: @AlexRiderTV
SERIES: The Boys
ABOUT: Join The Boys' cast and showrunner as they answer fans' burning questions and tease what's to come in advance of the shocking finale of the critically-acclaimed second season. Based on The New York Times best-selling comic by Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson, The Boys is a fun and irreverent take on what happens when superheroes - who are as popular as celebrities - abuse their superpowers rather than use them for good. The even more intense and insane Season Two, exclusively on Amazon Prime Video, finds The Boys on the run from the law, hunted by the Supes, and trying to regroup and fight back against Vought.
WHEN: Thursday, October 8 at 4:15 p.m. EST
SOCIAL: Instagram/Twitter/Facebook: @TheBoysTV; #TheBoys
ABOUT: Join creator and executive producer Robert Kirkman (The Walking Dead) live as he teases what fans can anticipate from this upcoming adult animated series, based on his iconic comic book by the same name, which revolves around 17-year old Mark Grayson, who's just like every other guy his age - except his father is the most powerful superhero on the planet, Omni-Man.
WHEN: Thursday, October 8 at 4:50 p.m. EST
SOCIAL: Instagram/Facebook: @AmazonPrimeVideo; Twitter: @PrimeVideo
Amazon Prime Video Social Handles:
About Prime Video
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of digital videos - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place.
· Included with Prime Video: Watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Homecoming, Hanna, Good Omens, Carnival Row, Donald Glover's Guava Island, exclusives, live sports including Thursday Night Football and licensed and self-published content available in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
· Watch more with Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add 150+ channels in the US like HBO, Cinemax, STARZ, SHOWTIME, CBS All Access, NBA League Pass and MLB.tv - no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
· Rent or Buy: Enjoy hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and entire seasons of current TV episodes, available for all Amazon customers to rent or buy.
· Instant access: Watch where and when you want with the Prime Video app on your smart TV, mobile device, Fire TV, Fire tablet, Apple TV, Chromecast, game consoles, Comcast X1 or from the web. For a complete list of compatible devices, visit amazon.com/howtostream.
· Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
In addition to access to movies and TV shows included with Prime, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: amazon.com/prime.
About IMDb TV
IMDb TV is a free streaming video service with thousands of premium movies and TV shows available anytime. Always entertaining. Always Free.
· Expansive Catalog: IMDb TV is a modern television network, offering viewers ambitious originals and an always updating library of broadly appealing hit movies and TV shows that customers would expect to see on a paid service. IMDb TV adds new titles to the service every month across a wide selection of genres including comedy, family, romance, thrillers, science fiction, documentaries, horror and more.
· Free: IMDb TV is free. No paid subscriptions necessary.
· Half the Ads: IMDb TV has half the ads of traditional linear TV.
· Instant Access: IMDb TV is available as an app on Fire TV and a free Channel within the Prime Video and IMDb apps across hundreds of devices. To use IMDb TV on Fire TV, customers can find the icon in the "Your Apps & Channels" row or using the Alexa Voice Remote, simply say "Alexa, go to IMDb TV." IMDb TV is also available on the IMDb website.
To learn more about IMDb TV, visit www.amazon.com/imdbtv and follow @IMDbTV.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.