YOUTUBE SAYS "HELLO 2021" WITH GLOBAL NEW YEAR'S EVE CELEBRATION SPANNING ACROSS THE AMERICAS, THE U.K., KOREA, JAPAN AND INDIA ON DECEMBER 31
FIVE-PART EVENT FEATURES MATTHEW MCCONAUGHEY, DUA LIPA, DEMI LOVATO, RUPAUL, J BALVIN, BEHZINGA, KAROL G, YG, KANE BROWN, EMMA CHAMBERLAIN, AITCH, AJ TRACEY, LARRAY, JUANPA ZURITA, STORM REID, BIG NARSTIE, KATHERINE RYAN, EMMA CHAMBERLAIN, MARQUES BROWNLEE, D'AMELIO FAMILY, TOKAI ONAIR, VAM YUN, TIGER SHROFF, BADSHAH, ZAKIR KHAN, TESTER HOON AND MORE
Twitter & Facebook: @YouTube
LOS ANGELES, CA, DECEMBER 10, 2020 - YouTube Originals will kick off the New Year with a monumental and uplifting worldwide party by chasing midnight around the globe with "Hello 2021," a virtual New Year's Eve event bringing together 2020's most influential public figures, music artists and YouTube creators. This five-part celebration premieres Thursday, December 31 in the Americas, United Kingdom, Korea, Japan and India - only on YouTube.
"With the world ready to move past an extremely challenging year, YouTube will use its global reach to celebrate the hope and promise of 2021," said Susanne Daniels, Global Head of Original Content for YouTube. "We look forward to closing the book on 2020 and throwing a worldwide celebration that our YouTube community can safely enjoy from home."
Through inspiring speeches, live musical performances, DJ-hosted dance parties and more, "Hello 2021" will keep viewers from across the globe energized throughout the countdown to midnight. YouTube will lead the worldwide celebrations and provide viewers with localized and unique celebrations to ring in the new year from home:
· "Hello 2021: Americas" - It's a virtual New Year's Eve bash across the Americas only YouTube can throw. Hosts Juanpa Zurita and Storm Reid welcome celebrity guests including Matthew McConaughey, Demi Lovato, RuPaul, Emma Chamberlain and the D'Amelio Family; one-of-a-kind musical performances from Dua Lipa, J Balvin, YG, Karol G and Kane Brown; YouTube stars Larray, Marques Brownlee, Dude Perfect, Brad Mondo, ZHC and the Dolan Twins; and more as the clock runs out on a year we'll never forget, and we say "Hello 2021." More names to be announced soon. The celebration premieres Thursday, December 31 at 10:30pm ET / 7:30pm PT on the YouTube Originals channel.
· "Hello 2021: UK" - At 10:30pm GMT on December 31 on the YouTube Originals Channel, make sure and join the UK's favorite YouTube creators, artists and comedians for a party worth staying in for. The guest list includes Behzinga, Big Narstie, Katherine Ryan, Michael Coel, Kurupt FM, Yammy, WillNE, Holly H, Natasia Demetriou and many more. The event will also feature the biggest tunes of 2020 performed live as musical guests Dua Lipa, Anne-Marie, MNEK w/ Joel Corry and Aitch & AJ Tracey get the party started with some exclusive live performances.
· "Hello 2021: Korea'' - At 11:00pm KST on December 31 on YouTube Korea Spotlight Channel, YouTube creators and artists in South Korea will join their hosts Sechan Yang and Jesung Hwang in an intimate celebration to recognize and thank creators and artists who helped Korean audiences to stay happy and healthy during the unprecedented year. Lineup includes top and rising creators and artists, including GGILGGIL Market, Tester Hoon, Balming Tiger, and more.
· "Hello 2021: Japan" - At 11:45pm JST on December 31, tune into never-before-seen special edition quiz show from Japan to test your knowledge on 2020 YouTube trends and trivias, joining top creators Tokai On Air, Puritto Channel, Emirin, Paparapys, Skypeace, Vamyun, Dekakin, Hanaodengan, M.S.S Project, along with hosts Orutana Channel and Mochizuki Rie on YouTube Japan Spotlight Channel.
· "Hello 2021: India" - Starting at 11pm IST on December 3 on YouTube India Spotlight Channel, "Hello 2021: India" will bring together the biggest and most buzzworthy music, comedy and Bollywood talent as part of the 60-minute countdown to the New Year, including a performance from Dua Lipa. Some of India's biggest names including Tiger Shroff, Badshah, Zakir Khan, Jonita Gandhi, Benny Dayal, Aastha Gill and more will bring together a fun-filled New Year's Eve party.
The worldwide party is being produced by global entertainment powerhouse, Fremantle, who will be using
its local production teams to create these shows.
"Hello 2021" continues YouTube's commitment to bringing exceptional entertainment, learning, and timely content to fans around the world including "David Blaine Ascension," who redefined magic once again when the world needed an uplifting distraction; "This Is Paris," a documentary exploring the untold true story that shaped the woman and iconic character she created; "Defying Gravity: The Untold Story of Women's Gymnastics," a documentary series that explores what it takes to be an Elite gymnast; Emmy-winning family series, "Create Together #WithMe," hosted by Joseph Gordon-Levitt; plus a slate of new content through the #YouTubeBlack Voices Fund aimed to amplify Black voices amidst the ongoing racial justice movement - "Bear Witness, Take Action 2" hosted by Common and Keke Palmer, "Resist" from Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors, and "HBCU Homecoming 2020: Meet Me On The Yard" hosted by 2 Chainz and La La Anthony with executive produced by Jesse Collins. In LATAM, "Bravas," a dramatic series that follows a female music artist featuring some of the biggest names in Latin urban music, "Mortal Glitch" a comedy series about a non-playable video game character trying to become a hero. In the UK, "Together We Rise", Stormzy, Aitch and more weigh in to discuss how GRM Daily went from nowhere to becoming one of the biggest influences in British Black music, while "How To Be: Anne-Marie" charts the star's life in front of and behind the camera. In APAC, TWICE: Seize the Lights (South Korea), Pretty Fit (India), Gray Zone Academy Inc. (Japan), and more, spotlight a diverse group of artists and creators around the region.
About YouTube Originals:
YouTube Originals are award-winning, creative and engaging scripted and unscripted series and films across music, personalities and learning for fans all over the world. Spotlighting both YouTube creators alongside Hollywood's biggest stars, YouTube Originals provide an experience that only YouTube can offer. By tapping into the platform's growing global community, fan engagement product capabilities, and innovative content mixed with pioneering live-streamed specials, there is truly something for everybody. Fans experience YouTube Original content through ad-supported YouTube as well as YouTube Premium, a subscription service that offers access to YouTube Original series and movies, a streaming music platform, and an uninterrupted, ad-free experience across all of YouTube. YouTube Originals are available in nearly 80 countries worldwide.
Fremantle is one of the largest and most successful creators, producers and distributors of scripted and unscripted content in the world. From the Got Talent and Idol franchises to "My Brilliant Friend," "Family Feud,", "The Young Pope," "American Gods," "The Price is Right," "Neighbours," "The X Factor" and "Deutschland 83" - Fremantle is behind the world's most-loved and most-watched shows. Fremantle has an outstanding international network of production teams, companies and labels in over 30 countries - the Fremantle family includes UFA (Germany), Wildside (Italy), Abot Hameiri (Israel), Miso Film (Denmark, Sweden and Norway), Blue Circle (Netherlands), Original Productions (USA) and Easy Tiger (Australia) to name a few. Fremantle produces in excess of 12,000 hours of original programming, rolls out more than 70 formats and airs 400 programs a year worldwide. Fremantle also distributes over 20,000 hours of content in more than 200 territories. As a world leader in digital and branded entertainment, Fremantle has more than 370 million subscribers across 1,500 social channels and over 100 billion views across all platforms - and is the creator of Facebook's most viewed video of all time, "The Sacred Riana." For more information, visit www.fremantle.com, follow @FremantleUS or visit its Facebook and LinkedIn pages.