Coming-of-Age Docuseries "Always Jane," Following the Journey of Transgender Teen Jane Noury and Her Family, Premieres November 12 on Amazon Prime Video
The four-part story, an intimate look at Jane as she navigates major life changes with the support of her family, will premiere in more than 240 countries and territories
CULVER CITY, California - September 30, 2021 - Today, Amazon Prime Video announced the upcoming four-part docuseries Always Jane, which follows transgender teenager Jane Noury and her family as she nears graduation and prepares to leave the nest in a true coming-of-age story. This intimate and unguarded look at the Nourys reveals a family with unconditional love that shines through as they tackle obstacles head-on so that Jane can live authentically. Navigating deeply personal and challenging issues, the Noury family's uplifting humor and kindness is always present, revealing the transformative power of acceptance, support, and love. All four episodes of the Amazon Original series Always Jane will premiere on Prime Video on Friday, November 12, in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide.
"Always Jane is a revealing look at one family's uplifting and heartfelt journey, anchored by Jane's incredible candor and wit about her life thus far," said Vernon Sanders, co-head of television, Amazon Studios. "We know Jane's triumphant story and her extraordinary family will resonate with our Prime Video viewers."
"We have been afforded the opportunity with Always Jane to offer a rare look at one family's journey to acceptance. The Nourys are hilarious, honest, and raw in their commitment to love, and support one another no matter what. It is a joy to watch [and] it's been our privilege to share their story," said director Jonathan C. Hyde.
"I see Always Jane as a love story. Love stories always have hopes, dreams, and heartache, but best of all - a happily ever after. My family has always abundantly showered my sisters and I with love and acceptance, and that made all the difference in the world for my transition. My genuine hope is that a family who may be struggling with acceptance is inspired to open their hearts and embrace their very own story of love upon viewing Always Jane," said Jane Noury.
Jane, who is actively pursuing a career in modeling and acting and recently appeared in Rihanna's Savage X Fenty Vol. 3 fashion show, is currently enrolled in college as a film major. The docuseries, which includes footage intimately captured by Jane herself, reveals Jane's passion and gift for visual storytelling.
Always Jane is a production of Amazon Studios, Mutt Film, and Union Editorial. Jonathan C. Hyde directed the series and also served as executive producer with James Haygood and Michael Raimondi. Mutt Film's Beth George and Shannon Lords-Houghton and Jane Noury also served as executive producers, while Katherine LeBlond served as producer.
About Always Jane
Jane Noury lives with her family in rural New Jersey, and like any teenager, must balance friends, family, and school. While today's political and social climate may not seem like the easiest time for a transgender teenager to grow up, you haven't met her family, the Nourys. They wear their hearts on their sleeves and find irreverent humor in daily life, while Jane sets her sights on life beyond her family.
About Mutt Film
Mutt Film started in 2016 with the idea of taking a multidisciplinary approach to film production. Mutt brings high production quality to both long form and short form content. Mutt prides itself on creating content around social issues and promoting eco responsibility in the film industry. As a WBENC-certified female-owned business, Mutt strives to promote equality and diversity in the workplace.
About Union Editorial
Union is a collection of companies with expertise in creative editorial, graphics, and finishing for commercial and long-form projects, as well as original content development, consulting, and financing for branded content, features, and documentary series. Union has offices in Los Angeles, New York, and Austin and a partnership with Marshall Street Editors London.
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of movies, series, and sports - all available to watch on hundreds of compatible devices.
· Included with Prime Video: Watch movies, series and sports, including Thursday Night Football. Enjoy series and films, including the newly released Cinderella, Emmy Award-nominated satirical superhero drama The Boys, limited series The Underground Railroad, and the films Sylvie's Love and Uncle Frank; and the smash hits Coming 2 America, Tom Clancy's Without Remorse, The Tomorrow War, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, Upload, and My Spy, as well as Emmy- and Golden Globe-winners Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Golden Globe-winner Small Axe, Academy Award-winner Sound of Metal, Golden Globe-winner and Academy Award-nominee Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, and Academy Award-nominees One Night in Miami... and Time. Prime members also get access to licensed content.
· Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add channels like Paramount+, BET+, EPIX, Noggin, NBA League Pass, MLB.TV, STARZ, and SHOWTIME - no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
· Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, and special deals just for Prime members.
· Instant access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or select smart TV.
· Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many shopping and entertainment benefits included with a Prime membership, along with fast, free shipping on millions of Prime-eligible items at Amazon.com, unlimited photo storage, exclusive deals and discounts, and access to ad-free music and Kindle ebooks. To sign up or start a 30-day free trial of Prime, visit: amazon.com/prime.