[12/05/21 - 04:36 PM] "The Boys" Universe Gets "Diabolical" with Animated Series Coming to Prime Video in 2022 The upcoming series was announced via a special recorded message from The Boys star Karl Urban during Prime Video's block of virtual panels during CCXP Worlds 2021.
[via press release from Amazon]
"The Boys" Universe Gets DIABOLICAL With Animated Series Coming to Prime Video in 2022
The series comes from Amazon Studios and Sony Pictures Television Studios,
with Titmouse, Kripke Enterprises, Original Film, and Point Grey Pictures
SÃO PAULO - December 5, 2021 - Today, Prime Video announced the eight-episode pickup of the animated anthology series Diabolical, set in the universe of the Emmy-nominated hit The Boys. Diabolical will premiere exclusively on Prime Video in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide in 2022. The upcoming series was announced via a special recorded message from The Boys star Karl Urban during Prime Video's block of virtual panels during CCXP Worlds 2021.
Diabolical reveals unseen stories within The Boys universe, brought to life by some of the most creative minds in entertainment today, including Awkwafina, Garth Ennis, Eliot Glazer and Ilana Glazer, Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen, Simon Racioppa, Justin Roiland and Ben Bayouth, Andy Samberg, and Aisha Tyler.
The Boys is based on The New York Times best-selling comic by Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson and was developed by executive producer and showrunner Eric Kripke.
"Surprise! We're almost finished with eight episodes of our animated series, Diabolical. We gathered together some incredible creators and we gave them one rule ... just kidding, there's no rules. They blew the doors off it, delivering eight completely unexpected, funny, shocking, gory, moist, emotional episodes. You think The Boys is nuts? Wait till you see this," says Diabolical executive producer Eric Kripke.
Executive producers and writers Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg added, "Ever since we saw the animated film The Animatrix, a series of short animated films set in the universe of The Matrix, we've wanted to rip it off. Today that dream has come true."
"Expanding the universe of The Boys has been an amazing journey. Fans will get all-new stories, with all the fun and outrageous humor of The Boys that they know and love - plus some great surprises," said Vernon Sanders, head of television at Amazon Studios. "Eric, Seth, and Evan have assembled incredible talent to bring Diabolical to life, and we can't wait for our Prime Video customers to see this new, wild ride."
"Eric, Seth, and Evan continue to flip the superhero genre on its head, and Diabolical is another fun and disruptive example," said Jeff Frost, president, Sony Pictures Television Studios. "We are excited for audiences to experience The Boys universe in this new medium."
Diabolical is executive produced by Simon Racioppa, Eric Kripke, Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, James Weaver, Neal H. Moritz, Pavun Shetty, Ori Marmur, Ken F. Levin, Jason Netter, Garth Ennis, Darick Robertson, Michaela Starr, Loreli Alanís, Chris Prynoski, Shannon Prynoski, and Ben Kalina. Diabolical is produced by Amazon Studios and Sony Pictures Television Studios, with Titmouse, Kripke Enterprises, Original Film, and Point Grey Pictures.
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of movies, series, and sports - all available to watch on hundreds of compatible devices.
· Included with Prime Video: Watch movies, series, and sports, including Thursday Night Football. Enjoy series and films, including the newly released Cinderella, Emmy Award-nominated satirical superhero drama The Boys, limited series The Underground Railroad, and the films Sylvie's Love and Uncle Frank; and the smash hits Coming 2 America, Tom Clancy's Without Remorse, The Tomorrow War, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, Upload, and My Spy; as well as Emmy- and Golden Globe-winners Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Golden Globe-winner Small Axe, Academy Award-winner Sound of Metal, Golden Globe-winner and Academy Award-nominee Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, and Academy Award-nominees One Night in Miami... and Time. Prime members also get access to licensed content.
· Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add channels like Paramount+, BET+, EPIX, Noggin, NBA League Pass, MLB.TV, STARZ, and SHOWTIME - no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
· Rent or buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, and special deals for Prime members.
· Instant access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or use the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or select smart TV.
· Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many shopping and entertainment benefits included with a Prime membership, along with fast, free shipping on millions of Prime-eligible items at Amazon.com, unlimited photo storage, exclusive deals and discounts, and access to ad-free music and Kindle eBooks. To sign up or start a 30-day free trial of Prime, visit amazon.com/prime.
About Sony Picture Television
Sony Pictures Television (SPT) is one of the television industry's leading content providers, producing, distributing and carrying programming worldwide in every genre and for every platform. In addition to managing one of the industry's largest libraries of award-winning feature films, television shows and formats, SPT is home to a thriving global content business, operating a robust portfolio of wholly-owned and joint-venture production companies across the U.S., Europe, Latin America, and Asia Pacific, as well as linear and digital channels around the world. SPT is a Sony Pictures Entertainment Company, a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation.
Instagram: @TheBoys and @FanologyPV
Twitter: @TheBoys and @FanologyPV
Hashtags: #Diabolical and #EffinDiabolical
[01/27/22 - 11:33 PM] Development Update: Thursday, January 27 Updates include: Showtime cancels comedies "Black Monday," "Work in Progress"; Juliana Canfield to star in Peacock's "The Missing"; and James Gunn teases another "The Suicide Squad" TV series spin-off.