HULU ORDERS ORIGINAL COMEDY SERIES "REBOOT" FROM CREATOR STEVE LEVITAN AND 20th TELEVISION
· Hulu has ordered the Original comedy Reboot, from creator and executive producer Steve Levitan and 20th Television to series.
· Judy Greer will star opposite previously announced Keegan-Michael Key and Johnny Knoxville, replacing Leslie Bibb in the role of BREE.
· Steeped in the irony of the television industry's continuing inclination to "reboot" hit shows from the past, the series begins when Hulu reboots an early 2000's family sitcom, forcing its dysfunctional cast back together. Now they must deal with their unresolved issues in today's fast-changing world.
· QUOTE from Hulu's Head of Scripted Content Jordan Helman: "Steve's incredible track record speaks for itself. Modern Family was brilliant and massively appealing, making millions upon millions of viewers laugh week-after-week and quickly becoming a global sensation. We're honored that Hulu will be home to Steve's return to television with Reboot and given our slate of successful comedies such as Only Murders in the Building, Pen15, Ramy and more, we know our viewers will devour this hilariously meta satire."
· QUOTE from 20th Television President Karey Burke: "Steve Levitan is a comedy genius and his idea for Reboot is as hilarious as it is timely. We're thrilled that our friends at Hulu love this sly, wildly funny look at the television comedy business as much as we do. And the spectacular cast Steve's assembled speaks to both the quality of the writing and the appeal of this platform as a home for smart, high quality television. Everyone jumped at the chance to come on board."
· QUOTE from creator and exec producer Steve Levitan: "After working thirty years in TV comedy, this is both my love letter to sitcoms and, if I'm being honest, much-needed therapy."
· The series will feature an all-star lineup of comedic talent including Keegan-Michael Key as Reed Sterling, a fussy actor on the fictitious family multi-cam sitcom, "Step Right Up," who graduated from the Yale school of drama and resents the show for ruining his career; Johnny Knoxville as Clay Barber, a dark and filthy standup comedian who's only real acting job was on the same bright and sunny sitcom; Judy Greer as Bree Marie Larson, a small-town pageant girl who always dreamed of being an actress and a princess and both somehow came true; Rachel Bloom as sitcom writer with a "fresh take," Hannah; Calum Worthy as Zack, the hyphenate movie star/hip-hop artist; and Krista Marie Yu as a tech exec turned television creative exec, Elaine.
· Series creator Steve Levitan will serve as writer, executive producer and showrunner. John Enbom, Danielle Stokdyk and Jeff Morton also serve as executive producers. Reboot is produced by 20th Television for Hulu.
Judy Greer Bio:
Judy Greer's career in both film and television has been extremely prolific, with her appearing in nearly two-hundred roles to date including the Blumhouse reboot of HALLOWEEN, directed by David Gordon Green, starring alongside Jamie Lee Curtis. The sequel, HALLOWEEN KILLS, just released with Greer once again starring alongside Curtis. She most recently filmed the Disney+ feature HOLLYWOOD STARGIRL with Uma Thurman and Grace VanderWaal for director Julia Hart. Greer is currently filming HBO's limited series WHITE HOUSE PLUMBERS opposite Woody Harrelson and Justin Theroux for director David Mandel. Some of her upcoming projects include the independent feature MABEL and the Blumhouse/NBC limited series THE THING ABOUT PAM.
Most recently, Judy can be seen in the Blumhouse reboot of Halloween directed by David Gordon Green, starring alongside Jamie Lee Curtis, as well as the independent feature film Driven opposite Jason Sudeikis and Lee Pace, Richard Linklater's Where'd You Go Bernadette opposite Cate Blanchett and Buffaloed opposite Zoey Deutch and Jermaine Fowler. The sequel to Green's Halloween, Halloween Kills premieres next year with Judy once again starring alongside Curtis. Judy's additional feature credits include Universal's Jurassic World, MGM's reboot of the Brian DePalma classic Carrie, Fox Searchlight's Academy Award winning The Descendantsdirected by Alexander Payne and starring George Clooney, Jamie Babbit's Addicted To Fresno, Barry Blaustein's Peep World and Jason Reitman's Men, Women & Children.
On the TV side, Judy currently stars opposite Jim Carrey and Catherine Keener on the Showtime series Kidding. For the past ten years, Judy has voiced the role of Cheryl on the FXX Emmy-winning animated comedy Archer and now also voices the lead role of Luna on the PBS kids show Let's Go Luna. Previously, Judy starred in the FX comedy series Married opposite Nat Faxon and has recurred on Netflix's Arrested Development, Hulu's Casual, CBS' Two and a Half Men and Showtime's Masters of Sex. Other TV credits include Fox's American Dad, ABC's Modern Family, IFC's Portlandia, CBS' The Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother, FX's It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Netflix's BoJack Horseman and Lady Dynamite, Showtime's Californication and USA's Royal Pains. In 2012, Judy made her Broadway debut opposite Katie Holmes in Dead Accounts and in 2014, released her first book, I Don't Know What You Know Me From: Confessions of a Co-Star.
In 2018, Judy made her feature film directorial debut with A Happening Of Monumental Proportions. Produced by Artists First and Depth of Field, AHOMP stars Common, Bradley Whiteford, Allison Janney, Jennifer Garner, Anders Holm, Katie Holmes, Rob Riggle and Storm Reid. The film premiered at the Bentonville Film Festival in May 2017 where it won the Audience Spotlight award. Previously, Judy directed an AOL original short that documents the practice of Transcendental Meditation and how it has changed the lives of teachers and students who learned the practice from the David Lynch Foundation.
Judy Greer Rep Info: Greer is repped by Artists First and CAA.
PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED CAST:
Keegan Michael Key Rep Info: Key is repped by UTA and Brecheen, Feldman, Breimer, Silver & Thompson.
Johnny Knoxville Rep Info: Knoxville is repped by CAA, Sloane Offer Weber Dern, LLP. and The Lede Company.
Rachel Bloom Rep Info: UTA and Ginsburg Daniels
Calum Worthy Rep Info: UTA, Make Good Content and Myman Greenspan Fox.
Krista Marie Yu Rep Info: Bonnie Liedtke at Authentic Management and A3 Artists Agency.