Prime Video Announces May 20 Premiere Date for "Night Sky"
The poignant new drama series from Legendary Television starring Sissy Spacek and J.K. Simmons has an updated title and will be available exclusively on Prime Video in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide
CULVER CITY, California - March 17, 2022 - Prime Video today announced that the highly anticipated Amazon Original series Night Sky (formerly titled Lightyears) from Legendary Television, starring Academy Award winner Sissy Spacek (The Old Man and The Gun) and Academy Award winner J.K. Simmons (Being the Ricardos), will premiere all eight episodes exclusively on Prime Video in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide on Friday, May 20.
Spanning space and time, Night Sky follows Irene (Spacek) and Franklin York (Simmons), a couple who, years ago, discovered a chamber buried in their backyard which inexplicably leads to a strange, deserted planet. They've carefully guarded their secret ever since, but when an enigmatic young man (Chai Hansen, The Newsreader) enters their lives, the Yorks' quiet existence is quickly upended...and the mystifying chamber they thought they knew so well turns out to be much more than they could ever have imagined.
Night Sky is a co-production of Amazon Studios and Legendary Television (Carnival Row, Paper Girls) and is written and co-executive produced by Holden Miller, with Daniel C. Connolly serving as showrunner and executive producer. Mosaic's Jimmy Miller and Sam Hansen serve as executive producers, along with Emmy and BAFTA Award-winner Philip Martin.
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of movies, series, and sports - all available to watch on hundreds of compatible devices.
· Included with Prime Video: Watch movies, series, and sports, including Thursday Night Football. Enjoy series and films including Emmy-winner The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Emmy-nominated satirical superhero drama The Boys, and the smash hits Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, Hotel Transylvania: Transformania, The Tender Bar, Being the Ricardos, The Tomorrow War,and Coming 2 America. Prime members also get access to licensed content.
· Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add channels like discovery+, Paramount+, BET+, EPIX, Noggin, NBA League Pass, MLB.TV, STARZ, and SHOWTIME - no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
· Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, and special deals just for Prime members.
· Instant access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or select smart TV.
· Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many shopping, savings, and entertainment benefits included with a Prime membership, along with fast, free shipping on millions of Prime-eligible items at Amazon.com, ultrafast grocery delivery and pickup, unlimited photo storage, exclusive deals and discounts, prescription savings, and access to ad-free music, books, and games. To sign up or start a 30-day free trial of Prime, visit: amazon.com/prime.
About Legendary Television:
Legendary Television is a leading global full-service television studio specializing in financing, developing, and producing quality genre and character-driven projects for multiple platforms. Championing compelling auteur-driven storytelling featuring renowned talent, Legendary's Television roster includes: the reboot of the classic family adventure series Lost in Space for Netflix; Carnival Row, a fantasy noir drama starring Orlando Bloom and Cara Delevingne, for Amazon; Pacific Rim: The Black, an original anime series expanding the story of the first two live action movies for Netflix; and Debris, the sci-fi drama from J.H. Wyman and starring Jonathan Tucker and Riann Steele, for NBC. Upcoming projects include: Dune: The Sisterhood, based on one of the most popular science fiction franchises of all time, for HBO Max; the untitled Monsterverse live-action series for Apple TV+; Paper Girls, based on Brian K. Vaughan's best-selling graphic novel, and Lightyears, a one-hour drama series starring Sissy Spacek and J.K. Simmons, both for Amazon; the anime series Skull Island and Tomb Raider, both for Netflix; and upcoming international local language productions: the multinational and multi-lingual series Drops of God, based on the best-selling hit manga, and the new Portuguese crime heist Vanda. To learn more visit: www.legendary.com
Prime Video Social Handles:
Official Hashtag: #NightSky
Legendary TV Social Handles:
Prime Video Media Contacts:
Ana Pineda | firstname.lastname@example.org
Sam Rooks | email@example.com