PEACOCK ANNOUNCES MAIN CAST FOR HIGHLY ANTICIPATED COMEDY SERIES "TED," WITH SETH MACFARLANE REPRISING ICONIC VOICE ROLE
MacFarlane Set To Direct, Write, Co-Showrun and Executive Produce All Episodes Alongside Co-Showrunners, Writers and Executive Producers Paul Corrigan & Brad Walsh (Modern Family)
Giorgia Whigham, Max Burkholder and Scott Grimes Also Set to Star as Series Regulars in UCP and MRC Television Series
· Peacock announced today the main casting for TED, the highly-anticipated live-action comedy series based on the blockbuster film franchise, with Seth MacFarlane (The Orville, Ted & Ted 2, Family Guy) set to reprise the voice of the iconic and loveable foul-mouthed teddy bear Ted.
· Peacock also announced series regular stars Giorgia Whigham (The Punisher, 13 Reasons Why), Max Burkholder (Parenthood) and Scott Grimes (Oppenheimer, The Orville).
· MacFarlane will also direct, write, co-showrun and executive produce all episodes alongside co-showrunners, writers and executive producers Paul Corrigan and Brad Walsh (Modern Family).
· The series comes from MacFarlane's Fuzzy Door and will be executive produced by President Erica Huggins. Alana Kleiman and Jason Clark will also serve as executive producers. Clark is returning after producing the iconic TED film franchise.
· The upcoming series comes from UCP, a division of Universal Studio Group, and MRC Television.
· About the new series, TED: It's 1993 and Ted the bear's moment of fame has passed, leaving him living with his best friend, 16-year-old John Bennett, who lives in a working-class Boston home with his parents and cousin. Ted may not be the best influence on John, but when it comes right down to it, Ted's willing to go out on a limb to help his friend and his family.
· The series is based on the hit Universal Pictures and MRC Film TED, the highest grossing original R-rated comedy of all time (not a sequel or based on other IP). Collectively, TED and TED 2 grossed more than $750 million worldwide.
· TED is the second series order since MacFarlane and Fuzzy Door signed a multi-year television deal with UCP in 2020. Also coming to Peacock this year from Fuzzy Door is the disaster science series THE END IS NYE, hosted by Emmy Award-winner and renowned science educator Bill Nye. Fuzzy Door will produce alongside Universal Television Alternative Studio and UCP, divisions of Universal Studio Group. Next up for the company is The Orville: New Horizons, the highly anticipated third season of the Emmy-nominated space adventure series, premiering on Hulu on June 2.
SETH MacFARLANE (The Orville, Ted & Ted 2, Family Guy) will play the role of "Ted," a foul-mouthed, pot-smoking teddy bear brought to life by the magic of a little boy's wish.
MAX BURKHOLDER (Parenthood) will play the role of "John Bennett." John is a good guy and likeable teen who is, however, still in his awkward phase. With Ted's help, John is doing his best to navigate adolescence.
GIORGIA WHIGHAM (The Punisher, 13 Reasons Why) will play the role of "Blaire Bennett." Blaire is a smart and politically correct college student who's living with her Uncle Matty, Aunt Susan and younger cousin John. She is not afraid to be outspoken and frequently clashes with her more traditionalist family.
SCOTT GRIMES (Oppenheimer, The Orville) will play the role of "Matty Bennett." Matty is a blustering, blue-collar Bostonian who thinks he is the unequivocal boss in the family, and doesn't like anyone challenging him, particularly his liberal-minded niece, Blaire.
ABOUT THE SERIES
· Creator / Co-Showrunner / Writer / Director / Executive Producer: Seth MacFarlane
· Co-Showrunners / Writers / Executive Producers: Paul Corrigan & Brad Walsh
· Executive Producers: Erica Huggins, Alana Kleiman, Jason Clark
· Produced by: Fuzzy Door, UCP, a division of Universal Studio Group, and MRC Television
· Format: live-action comedy series