NBC'S "CAPITAL ONE COLLEGE BOWL" IS BACK FOR SEASON TWO WITH TWO-TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPION PEYTON MANNING
· NBC's "Capital One College Bowl" returns for a sophomore season with hosts Peyton Manning and Cooper Manning as the nation's greatest colleges and universities face off in the ultimate battle of brains.
· Led by 19 time Emmy Award winner Harry Friedman, who oversaw both "Jeopardy!" and "Wheel of Fortune" for over 25 years, this year's crop of 16 elite teams representing some of the nation's top schools will go head-to-head. Infused with brand new rounds of gameplay, the series will feature multiple schools in each episode.
· Capital One returns to award $1 million in life-changing scholarships, providing all the student competitors with tuition assistance for their participation. The winning team will take home a scholarship and claim victory as "Capital One College Bowl" champions. Last season the team from Columbia University beat out rivals from the University of Southern California to take the title.
· With a wide variety of subjects, teams must work together to test their knowledge in a five-round tournament. The top two schools advance to the final where they compete for the coveted Capital One College Bowl trophy.
· The fan favorite "Capital One Two-Minute Drill" will return, adding even more suspense to this high-stakes competition.
· From Village Roadshow Television and Universal Television Alternative Studio, a division of Universal Studio Group, the series is an update of the classic Emmy and Peabody Award-winning "College Bowl" that previously aired on NBC in the U.S. and for decades has been part of campus life at colleges and universities around the world.
· "Capital One College Bowl" is executive produced by brothers Peyton, Cooper and Eli Manning through Omaha Productions, Richard Reid via Richard Reid Productions, Mark Itkin via his Tough Lamb Media and showrunner Harry Friedman.
· Casting for the new season of "Capital One College Bowl" is currently underway. More information can be found at CollegeBowlCasting.com.
ABOUT UNIVERSAL TELEVISION ALTERNATIVE STUDIO
Universal Television Alternative Studio (UTAS), a division of Universal Studio Group, is a leading supplier of premium unscripted content and formats. The studio develops and produces a diverse slate of original programs for a variety of platforms. Notable projects include the crafting series "Making It," starring twice-Emmy Award-nominated hosts Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman; comedy variety event series "That's My Jam," hosted by Jimmy Fallon; "Clash of the Cover Bands," hosted by tWitch, Meghan Trainor, Adam Lambert and Ester Dean; holiday baking competition series "Baking It," hosted by Maya Rudolph and Andy Samberg; the music event series "American Song Contest" and longtime NBC favorite "Hollywood Game Night," for which Jane Lynch has won two Emmy as host. "Hollywood Game Night" has been remade in 22 territories while another UTAS hit game show, "The Wall," has been sold into 27 territories internationally.
ABOUT VILLAGE ROADSHOW ENTERTAINMENT GROUP
Village Roadshow Entertainment Group is a leading global entertainment company building premier, content-rich businesses in the entertainment industry. VREG employs innovative strategies to produce, acquire and deliver intellectual properties with timeless appeal, while maximizing group-wide strategic and operational efficiencies. VREG is the holding company of Village Roadshow Pictures and Village Roadshow Television, whose most recent projects include "Capital One College Bowl" for NBC. Under its leadership by Vine Alternative Investments, Village Roadshow Entertainment Group diversified its portfolio to include financing and producing projects across multiple formats including film, television and digital.
ABOUT OMAHA PRODUCTIONS
Omaha Productions is an entertainment company launched by Peyton Manning following his retirement from the NFL. Omaha focuses on developing content that champions hard work, encourages the pursuit of passion and celebrates community. Omaha Productions executive produces ESPN's Emmy Award-nominated "Monday Night Football with Peyton and Eli" along with alternative telecasts for college football, golf and the UFC. The company also serves as executive producer on "NFL Honors" and ESPN+'s "Places" franchise featuring series from Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Abby Wambach, Vince Carter, David Ortiz and Ronda Rousey. The company also has series at A+E Networks, NBCUniversal, and Netflix. For more information visit omahaproductions.com
ABOUT CAPITAL ONE
At Capital One we're on a mission for our customers - bringing them great products, rewards, service, and access to unique and unforgettable experiences they are passionate about. Capital One is a diversified bank that offers products and services to individuals, small businesses and commercial clients. We use technology, innovation and interaction to provide consumers with products and services to meet their needs. Learn more at capitalone.com.