FOUR-TIME ACADEMY AWARD NOMINATED ACTRESS ANNETTE BENING TO STAR IN PEACOCK'S UPCOMING LIMITED DRAMA SERIES "APPLES NEVER FALL"
The Limited Series Comes from Writer, Showrunner and Executive Producer Melanie Marnich, Executive Producer David Heyman and is Based on Liane Moriarty's (Big Little Lies, Nine Perfect Strangers) #1 New York Times Bestselling Novel
Chris Sweeney (The Tourist, Back to Life) is Set to Direct Multiple Episodes, Including the First
· Peacock announced today that four-time Academy Award nominated actress Annette Bening (American Beauty, The Kids Are All Right) will star in Peacock's upcoming limited drama series APPLES NEVER FALL, in the role of "Joy Delaney."
· This is Bening's highly-anticipated return to television after nearly 20 years since she starred in HBO's Mrs. Harris (2005), which earned her an Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie. Bening is also a two-time Golden Globe Award winner, SAG Award winner, and Tony Award nominee. She is also starring in Netflix's upcoming film Nyad, from Academy Award, BAFTA, and Emmy Award-winning duo Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi and Jimmy Chin.
· The limited series is based on Liane Moriarty's (Big Little Lies, Nine Perfect Strangers) #1 New York Times Bestselling novel, which has sold over a million copies worldwide.
· The series will be produced by Universal International Studios' Heyday Television. Melanie Marnich serves as writer, showrunner and executive producer. David Heyman will executive produce, alongside Liane Moriarty, Albert Page and Jillian Share. Chris Sweeney (The Tourist, Back to Life) will direct multiple episodes, including the first.
· APPLES NEVER FALL centers on the Delaneys, who from the outside appear to be an enviably contented family. Former tennis coaches Joy and Stan are parents to four adult children. After decades of marriage, they have finally sold their famed tennis academy and are ready to start what should be the golden years of their lives. But after Joy disappears, her children are forced to re-examine their parents' marriage and their family history with fresh eyes.
ABOUT THE SERIES:
Showrunner / Writer / Executive Producer: Melanie Marnich (The OA, The Affair)
Executive Producers: David Heyman (Marriage Story, Once Upon a Time... In Hollywood), Liane Moriarty (Big Little Lies, Nine Perfect Strangers), Albert Page (Love, Victor, Dave) and Jillian Share (Pacific Rim, 42)
Executive Producer / Director (multiple episodes): Chris Sweeney (The Tourist, Back to Life) will direct multiple episodes, including the first
Studio: Universal International Studios, a division of Universal Studio Group
Production Company: Heyday Television
Format: Limited drama series
Distribution: NBCUniversal Global Distribution
From the outside, the Delaneys appear to be the perfect family. Stan and Joy have just sold their successful tennis academy and finally have the life of leisure that they thought they wanted. And while they look forward to spending time with their four grown children, those kids are busy with their own problems. Everything changes when a wounded young woman knocks on Joy and Stan's door, bringing the excitement they've been missing. But when Joy suddenly disappears, her children have to re-examine their parents' marriage and their family history with fresh and terrified eyes. Set against the backdrop of competitive tennis, this story takes us into a family's darkest secrets and asks, "Can we ever really know the people closest to us?"