NETFLIX SPORTS SERIES, "UNDER PRESSURE: THE U.S. WOMEN'S WORLD CUP TEAM," TO PREMIERE ON DECEMBER 12TH
The Four-Episode Doc Series Follows The Athletes Behind The Most Decorated Team In International Soccer History
· Under Pressure: The U.S. Women's World Cup Team, a sports series following the U.S. Women's National Team's World Cup journey, will premiere globally on Netflix on December 12, 2023. The series is a co-production with Time Studios and Words + Pictures in association with FIFA.
· Synopsis: The all-access sports series will allow audiences to intimately follow the U.S. Women's National Team's players and coaches and reveal an inside look at the most decorated team in soccer history. Viewers will get a first-hand look at the pressure, the euphoria, the joy, and the hardships that these world-class athletes experience as they strive to capture their third World Cup title in a row. Issues ranging from injury, criticism and doubt, equal pay, and upholding legacies are all brought to light as the narrative unfolds.
The series will capture all of the personal and team preparation on the road to the 2023 FIFA World Cup. Throughout their tournament run, audiences will learn how this team stands on the shoulders of those who played before them, and how they continue to break the glass ceiling for equality in sports for women of the future.
· The series will include veteran champions like Alex Morgan and Lindsey Horan, 18-year-old rising star Alyssa Thompson as well as U.S. Women's World Cup Team first timers Savannah DeMelo, Lynn Williams and Kristie Mewis.
· Directed by two-time Emmy award winner, TIME Studios Head of Sports and Executive Producer Rebecca Gitlitz (30 for 30 Shorts, 2012 Summer Olympics).
· Produced by Marie Margolius.
· Executive Produced by Emmy award winner Connor Schell (The Last Dance, OJ: Made in America, 30 for 30) with Mike Beck, Alexa Conway, Libby Geist, Rebecca Gitlitz, Ian Orefice, Jamie Patricof and Jessica Sherif.
· Netflix is the premier home for great sports stories with popular series such as Formula 1: Drive to Survive, Full Swing, Untold, Quarterback, Tour de France: Unchained, Break Point and upcoming series following athletes in track and field, rugby and NASCAR.