Cartoon Network Soars with All-New Quarterly Delivery, Ratings Records
Network�s Prime Time and Kids Total Day Records Smashed for Kids 6-11, Boys 6-11 and Boys 2-11
Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends and Codename: Kids Next Door Top Original Series Performances, Earning Double-Digit Gains for FRIDAYS Franchise
With Its Best Quarterly Performance Ever, ADULT SWIM Builds Adults 18-34 by 54% and Adults 18-24 by 43%
Cartoon Network completed First Quarter 2005 (1Q05) by setting new kids� total day (Monday-Sunday, 6 a.m.-6 a.m.) delivery and ratings records across the board for its target demos�kids 6-11, kids 2-11, boys 6-11, girls 6-11, boys 2-11 and girls 2-11�ranking #4 overall (standard total day, persons 2+) among basic cable networks, according to Nielsen Media Research. Similarly, the network�s prime time delivery and ratings also earned high double-digit gains, seting new first quarter records among kids 6-11, tweens 9-14, boys 6-11 and boys 2-11.
Highlights of 1Q05 average delivery and ratings growth claims vs. the same time period last year include the following:
Kids� Total Day (1Q05, Monday-Sunday, 6 a.m. - 6 a.m., kids� programming)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (521,000) increased by 36% and ratings (2.1) by 31%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (836,000) improved by 23% and ratings (2.1) by 24%.
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (349,000) jumped by 32% and ratings (1.4) by 27%.
Prime Time (1Q05, Monday-Sunday, 8-11 p.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (731,000) and ratings (3.0) both expanded by 30%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,122,000) grew by 19% and ratings (2.8) by 17%.
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (512,000) advanced by 26% and ratings (2.1) by 24%.
Standouts among Cartoon Network�s exclusive programming line-up include the prime time destination FRIDAYS, the network�s 7 p.m.-12 a.m. franchise for original animated series. Among its offerings, Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends, Codename: Kids Next Door and Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi attracted the largest 1Q05 audience averages:
FRIDAYS (1Q05, 7 p.m. � 12 a.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (888,000) and ratings (3.7) both increased by 37%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,303,000) and ratings (3.3) both improved by 32%.
Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends (1Q05, Friday, 7 p.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (982,000) and rating (4.1) both expanded by 32%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,409,000) jumped by 32% and ratings (3.6) by 33%.
Codename: Kids Next Door (1Q05, Friday, 10 p.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (1,024,000) catapulted by 19% and ratings (4.2) by 17%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,518,000) and ratings (3.8) both surged by 27%.
Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi (1Q05, Friday, 7:30 p.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (931,000) advanced by 52% and ratings (3.8) by 46%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,351,000) raced ahead by 40% and ratings (3.4) by 42%.
Soon to be rated by Nielsen Media Research as an individual network, late-night sensation ADULT SWIM also scored its best quarterly performance since its launch in September 2001. Highlights comparing ADULT SWIM to itself last year include the following:
Adult Swim (1Q05, Monday-Thursday, Saturday-Sunday, 11 p.m.-2 a.m.)
- Ranked #1 in its time period for quarterly delivery of adults 18-34, 18-24 and men 18-34, 18-24.
- Best quarterly performance ever with adults 18-34 and 18-24, and men 18-34 and 18-24.
- Adults 18-34 delivery (559,000) expanded by 54% and ratings (0.9) by 50%.
- Adults 18-24 delivery (278,000) and ratings (1.0) both increased by 43%.
Additional 1Q05 performance highlights for Cartoon Network�s key franchise and stunt programming vs. the same time periods last year include the following: MIGUZI (1Q05, Monday-Sunday, 5-7 p.m.)
- Best quarterly performance ever with kids 6-11 and kids 2-11.
- Kids 6-11 delivery (702,000) lifted by 39% and ratings (2.9) by 38%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,075,000) and ratings (2.7) both rose by 35%.
TOONAMI (1Q05, Saturday, 7-11 p.m.)
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (610,000) bounded ahead by 55% and ratings (2.5) by 56%.
- Kids 6-11 delivery (698,000) and ratings (2.9) both surged by 26%.
Star Wars: Clone Wars�Chapters 21-25 (Saturday, March 26, 8-9:30 p.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (801,000) blasted ahead by 31% and ratings (3.3) by 27%.
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (642,000) increased by 57% and ratings (2.6) by 53%.
- Adults 18-34 delivery (476,000) catapulted by 192% and ratings (0.7) by 133%.
Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in 87.8 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.�s ad-supported cable service offering the best in original, acquired and classic animated entertainment for kids and families. Overnight from 11 p.m.-6 a.m. (ET, PT), Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired animation for young adults 18-34.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.
RATING PERIOD: 12/27/04-3/27/05
SOURCE: Turner Entertainment Research from Nielsen Media Research data. These television ratings data are reproduced here with permission from Nielsen Media Research. Reproduction of these data in volume, without permission from Nielsen Media Research, is prohibited.
NOTES: All ratings based on Total U.S. Television Universe of 109,600,000 homes.