FRIDAYS Kids 6-11 Delivery Leaps 53% on Strength of Back-to-Back Original Series New Episodes of Top Three Originals Anchor Live-Hosted Weekend Destination for Kid Viewers
Saturday Night TOONAMI Also Ignites 45% Delivery Growth Among Target Tween Viewers
Cartoon Network�s highest-profile franchise, FRIDAYS (Friday, 6:30-12 a.m.), earned significant growth last week thanks to powerful performances of the network�s top three original series, Codename: Kids Next Door (6:30 p.m.), Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends (7 p.m.) and Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi (7:30 p.m.), according to Nielsen Media Research. The triple-threat lead-in to the live-hosted block helped FRIDAYS chart more than 50% growth in delivery of kids 6-11 and more than 30% growth among kids 2-11 delivery.
Additionally, Saturday night action-adventure powerhouse TOONAMI (7-11 p.m.) scored 45% delivery growth among its target audience of tweens 9-14, and 61% delivery increases among kids 6-11.
Highlights of both FRIDAYS� and TOONAMI�s performances vs. the same time period last year include the following:
FRIDAYS (Friday, 6:30 p.m. � 12 a.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (831,000) jumped by 53% and ratings (3.4) by 48%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,183,000) improved by 33% and ratings (3.0) by 36%.
Codename: Kids Next Door (Friday, 6:30 p.m.)
- Ranked #1 in its time period in delivery, rating on all basic cable with kids 6-11, boys 6-11 and boys 2-11.
- Kids 6-11 delivery (733,000) increased by 55% and ratings (3.0) by 50%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,152,000) rose by 31% and ratings (2.9) by 32%
Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends (Friday, 7 p.m.)
- Ranked #1 in its time period on basic cable for delivery, rating of kids 2-11, boys 2-11 and boys 6-11.
- Kids 6-11 delivery (857,000) expanded by 25% and ratings (3.5) by 21%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,290,000) and ratings (3.3) both grew by 3%.
Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi (Friday, 7:30 p.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (637,000) advanced by 18% and ratings (2.6) by 13%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,042,000) increased by 12% and ratings (2.6) by 8%.
TOONAMI (Saturday, 7-11 p.m.)
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (500,000) surged by 45% and ratings (2.0) by 43%.
- Kids 6-11 delivery (544,000) raced ahead by 61% and ratings (2.2) by 57%.
Cartoon Network, currently seen in 87.8 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.�s 24-hour, ad-supported cable service offering the best in animated entertainment.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.
RATING PERIOD: 5/2/05-5/8/05
SOURCE: Turner Entertainment Research from Nielsen Media Research data. These television ratings data are reproduced here with permission from Nielsen Media Research. Reproduction of these data in volume, without permission from Nielsen Media Research, is prohibited.
NOTES: All ratings based on Total U.S. Television Universe of 109,600,000 homes.