Star Wars: Clone Wars Marathon Draws Top Tween Delivery for Cartoon Network
Overall Kids 6-11 Total Day and Prime Time Delivery Grows by Double-Digits
New Episodes of Codename: Kids Next Door Equally Strong with Kids and Tweens
One week prior to the highly anticipated opening of the new Star Wars feature film, Cartoon Network�s Emmy Award-winning Star Wars: Clone Wars earned the network�s top tweens 9-14 delivery of the week across its three-hour marathon on Saturday (7-10 p.m.), according to Nielsen Media Research. The marathon presentation also tied the tweens 9-14 delivery and ratings of a brand new episode of Codename: Kids Next Door (Friday, 6:30 p.m.), which kicks off Cartoon Network�s signature FRIDAYS franchise (6:30 p.m. � 12 a.m.). Both programming events helped Cartoon Network achieve double-digit delivery growth for the week among its target demo, kids 6-11.
Highlights of the Star Wars: Clone Wars marathon, Cartoon Network weekly performance and FRIDAYS� gains vs. the same time period last year include the following:
Star Wars: Clone Wars (Saturday, 7-10 p.m.)
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (769,000) rocketed by 141% and ratings (3.1) by 138%.
- Kids 6-11 delivery (817,000) and ratings (3.4) both shot up by 70%.
CARTOON NETWORK Overall Kids 6-11 (Monday-Sunday)
- Prime Time (8-11 p.m.): Kids 6-11 delivery (680,000) advanced by 11% and ratings (2.8) by 8%.
- Kids Total Day (6 a.m.-6 a.m.): Kids 6-11 delivery (438,000) rose by 10% and ratings (1.8) by 6%.
FRIDAYS (Friday, 6:30 p.m. � 12 a.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (875,000) increased by 49% and ratings (3.6) by 44%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,248,000) improved by 37% and ratings (3.1) by 35%.
Codename: Kids Next Door (Friday, 6:30 p.m.)
- Ranked #1 in its time period in delivery, rating on all basic cable with boys 6-11 and boys 2-11.
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (769,000) expanded by 45% and ratings (3.1) by 41%.
- Kids 6-11 delivery (965,000) jumped by 49% and ratings (4.0) by 48%.
Cartoon Network, currently seen in 87.8 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.�s 24-hour, ad-supported cable service offering the best in animated entertainment.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.
RATING PERIOD: 5/9/05-5/15/05
SOURCE: Turner Entertainment Research from Nielsen Media Research data. These television ratings data are reproduced here with permission from Nielsen Media Research. Reproduction of these data in volume, without permission from Nielsen Media Research, is prohibited.
NOTES: All ratings based on Total U.S. Television Universe of 109,600,000 homes.