Cartoon Network Sets New May Record for Highest Kids� Total Day Delivery, Ratings in Network History with Kids 6-11, Kids 2-11 and Tweens 9-14
Original Series within FRIDAYS and TOONAMI Blocks Each Average Strong Double-Digit Delivery, Ratings Gains
Cartoon Network Also Ranks #3 in Total Programming Day Delivery Among All Basic Cable
Adding a fifth month to its 2005 streak of record-breaking Kids� Total Day performances, Cartoon Network set new May delivery and ratings records across its target demographics�kids 6-11, kids 2-11 and tweens 9-14�according to Nielsen Media Research. The network also charted its best-ever May Kid�s Total Day (Monday-Sunday, 6 a.m.-6 a.m.) delivery and ratings among boys and girls 6-11, and boys and girls 2-11. Overall among all ad-supported basic cable networks, Cartoon Network ranked #4 in May delivery of persons 2+ in total programming day.
Leading the way among its May success stories, Cartoon Network�s FRIDAYS (6:30 p.m.-12 a.m.) earned double-digit delivery and ratings growth thanks to the outstanding continuing performances of its key original series, Codename: Kids Next Door, Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends and Hi, Hi Puffy Ami Yumi. Similarly, TOONAMI (Saturday, 7-11 p.m.) proved its delivery and ratings power among older kids fueled by the top performances from its original series Teen Titans and Justice League Unlimited.
Highlights of May�s average delivery and ratings growth vs. the same time period last year include the following:
Kids� Total Day (May 2005, Monday-Sunday, 6 a.m. - 6 a.m., kids� programming)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (437,000) increased by 10% and ratings (1.8) by 6%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (747,000) improved by 3% and ratings (1.9) by 6%.
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (299,000) jumped by 12% and ratings (1.2) by 9%.
FRIDAYS (May 2005, 6:30 p.m. � 12 a.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (847,000) expanded by 23% and ratings (3.5) by 21%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,208,000) advanced by 16% and ratings (3.0) by 15%.
Codename: Kids Next Door (May 2005, Friday, 6:30 p.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (827,000) and ratings (3.4) both rose by 26%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,209,000) grew by 21% and ratings (3.1) by 24%.
Foster�s Home for Imaginary Friends (May 2005, Friday, 7 p.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (854,000) and ratings (3.5) both raced ahead by 17%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,205,000) grew by 8% and ratings (3.0) by 7%.
Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi (May 2005, Friday, 7:30 p.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (687,000) leapt by 15% and ratings (2.8) by 12%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,027,000) rose by 9% and ratings (2.6) by 8%.
TOONAMI (May 2005, Saturday, 7-11 p.m.)
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (535,000) bounded ahead by 36% and ratings (2.2) by 38%.
- Kids 6-11 delivery (605,000) surged by 30% and ratings (2.5) by 25%.
Teen Titans (May 2005, Saturday, 8 p.m.)
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (406,000) and ratings (1.7) both increased by 13%.
- Kids 6-11 delivery (533,000) improved by 24% and ratings (2.2) by 22%.
Justice League Unlimited (May 2005, Saturday, 9 p.m.)
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (498,000) raced ahead by 21% and ratings (2.0) by 18%.
- Kids 6-11 delivery (597,000) grew by 26% and ratings (2.5) by 25%.
Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in 88 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.�s ad-supported cable service offering the best in original, acquired and classic animated entertainment for kids and families. Overnight from 11 p.m.-6 a.m. (ET, PT), Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired animation for young adults 18-34.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.
RATING PERIOD: 4/25/05-5/29/05
SOURCE: Turner Entertainment Research from Nielsen Media Research data. These television ratings data are reproduced here with permission from Nielsen Media Research. Reproduction of these data in volume, without permission from Nielsen Media Research, is prohibited.
NOTES: All ratings based on Total U.S. Television Universe of 109,600,000 homes.