HALLMARK CHANNEL ORIGINAL MOVIE 'CHRISTMAS IN CANAAN' POWERS NETWORK TO HIGHEST WEEKLY RATING IN NETWORK'S HISTORY
Starring Billy Ray Cyrus, Movie Was Week's #1 Movie on All Ad-supported Cable Networks
Hallmark Channel, the premiere destination for family friendly programming, earned its highest weekly ranking in the network's history and continues to dominate the holiday television season with the premiere of the Hallmark Channel Original Movie, "Christmas in Canaan," which ranked as the highest-rated movie of the week among all ad-supported cable networks.
The strong performance helped the network to achieve a #3 ranking for the week with a 1.8 HH rating in Prime Time and continued the strong pace of Hallmark Channel's "Countdown to Christmas" holiday schedule.
"Christmas in Canaan," starring Billy Ray Cyrus, premiered: Saturday, December 12 (8-10 p.m.). Other highlights include:
- Ranked as #1 for the time period in HH ratings with a 3.2 HH rating
- Delivered almost three million homes
- Delivered 3.7 total viewers and 5.2 million unduplicated viewers
- The movie was in the Top 5 in demo ratings, including #3 in W25-54 (1.3 rating) and #4 in A25-54 (1.0 rating)
- The movie also ranked in the Top 5 in key demo delivery, including #3 in W25-54 (626,000).
The final Hallmark Channel Original Movie during "Countdown to Christmas" is "The Three Gifts," premiering December 19 and starring Dean Cain and Jean Louisa Kelly.
Source: Nielsen Media Research, Dec. 7-13, 2009