ABC is Friday's #1 Non-Sports Net - "Primetime: What Would You Do?" and "20/20" are the Top Regular Shows
Up against Fox with its coverage of the Cotton Bowl, ABC qualified as Friday's #1 non-sports network among Adults 18-49, beating CBS by 7% and NBC by 23%.
· Despite facing strong demographic competition from the Cotton Bowl, ABC matched its top-rated Friday among young adults this season with regular programming on the evening.
From 8-9pm, ABC's Supernanny finished a close second against regular competition among Adults 18-49, to CBS' Medium, and beat its network rivals with Women 18-34.
· Supernanny attracted its 2nd-biggest audience this season and equaled a season-high in Adults 18-49. The ABC unscripted series set new season-highs with Adults 18-34 and key Women (W18-34/W18-49), marking the series' strongest Women 18-34 number since April 2009 - since 4/10/09.
Jumping 31% from its lead-in at 9pm, ABC's Primetime: What Would You Do? stood as the #1 non-sports program in Adults 18-49, leading CBS' original CSI: NY by 6% and NBC's Dateline by 42%.
· ABC's What Would You Do? tied lead-out 20/20 as the #1 non-sports TV program on Friday with young adults.
· Up sharply from its last telecast (on 12/17/10) in Total Viewers (+18%) and Adults 18-49 (+31%), Primetime: What Would You Do? posted its strongest results in nearly 2 months - since 11/12/10.
At 10pm, ABC's 20/20 qualified as the definitive #1 regular program in its time period in Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54, beating the second hour of NBC's 2-hour Dateline by 21% on both Nielsen measures.
· Soaring over its most-recent airing (on 12/17/10) by 2.0 million viewers and by 70% in Adults 18-49, 20/20 marked its best performance since the beginning of December - since 11/12/10.