"BECOMING CHAZ" LAUNCHES OWN DOCUMENTARY CLUB RANKING FIFTH AMONG ALL AD-SUPPORTED CABLE
OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network launched the OWN Documentary Club Tuesday night with the world television premiere of "Becoming Chaz" (May 11 from 9-10:30 p.m. ET/PT) ranking fifth in its time period among all ad-supported cable networks in the key female demo (.68 W25-54 rating). The network also scored triple digit growth across all key demos versus year ago Discovery Health numbers (+162% W25-54).
Immediately following the documentary premiere, OWN Documentary Club collaborator Rosie O'Donnell hosted "The Doc Club with Rosie O'Donnell" a conversation with Chaz Bono and girlfriend Jennifer Elia, taking questions from the audience and at-home callers. "The Doc Club with Rosie O'Donnell" (10:30-11:30 p.m. ET/PT) posted a .45 W25-54 rating and saw double-digit growth in the key female demo versus year ago Discovery Health numbers (+96% W25-54).
"This is a fantastic debut for the OWN Documentary Club," said Lisa Erspamer, chief creative officer, OWN. "We are pleased viewers tuned in to follow along with Chaz on his journey and continued with Rosie for the in-depth discussion."
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Becoming Chaz (9 PM)
· .68 W25-54/ .68 HH/ 705,000 P2+.
· Growth vs. DHLTH benchmarks: +162% W25-54, +143% HH, +137% P2+ versus YAGO May '10.
· Ranked #5 among ad-supported cable networks in the time period.
The Doc Club with Rosie O'Donnell (10:30PM)
· .45 W25-54/ .42 HH/ 428,000 P2+.
· Growth vs. DHLTH benchmarks: +96% W25-54, +50% HH, +60% P2+ versus YAGO May '10.
· Ranked #11 among ad-supported cable networks in the time period.
Competitive performance W25-54 average from 9-10:30 p.m.
1. TNT: NBA Playoffs - 1.23 W25-54
2. USA: "Law & Order SVU" - 1.16 W25-54
3. Discovery: "Deadliest Catch;" "Swamp Brothers" - 1.15 W25-54
4. MTV: "16 and Pregnant"; "Worst. Prom. Ever." - .81 W25-54
5. OWN: "Becoming Chaz" - .68 W25-54
Source: Nielsen Media Research
OWN ratings are coverage ratings.
*DHLTH represents Discovery Health
OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network debuted on January 1, 2011 at 12 p.m. ET/PT, and is currently available in approximately 67% of homes in the United States and 80% of cable homes.
OWN Documentary Club aims to engage audiences in the same manner that Oprah's Book Club significantly changed the reading habits of the country, and was created to spotlight cinematic documentaries that inspire and entertain. Rosie O'Donnell is a collaborator for the OWN Documentary Club selecting key films and hosting specials that inspire deeper conversations.
The network's upcoming OWN Documentary Club films will include Sons of Perdition (June 2), Serving Life (July 28), and Life 2.0 (August).