Ratings Highlights for May 2011-- Final National Ratings
Disney Channel Delivers its Biggest May Ever in Total Day and Prime
~Grows Delivery Year to Year for the 7th Consecutive Month,
the Longest Streak Among Fully-Distributed Cable Networks
~ TV's No. 1 Network for the 13th Straight Month in Total Day in Tweens 9-14
~ Streak as TV's No. 1 Network in Prime Stands at 75 Straight Months
Among Kids 6-11 and 73 Consecutive Months Among Tweens 9-14
~ Series Finale of "The Suite Life on Deck" and Preview of "A.N.T. Farm"
Are TV's Top 2 Telecasts in Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14
~ Debut of "Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure" is TV/Cable's No. 1 Movie
Disney Channel Total Day and Prime May 11 Highlights
During May 2011, holding the month's Top 2 TV telecasts with the series finale of "The Suite Life on Deck" and preview of upcoming original series "A.N.T. Farm," Disney Channel stood as TV's No. 1 network in Total Day for the 13th consecutive month among Tweens 9-14 (443,000/1.8 rating). In Total Viewers (1.6 million) and Kids 6-11 (555,000/2.2 rating), Disney Channel delivered its best May ever, posting its 7th consecutive month of year-to-year increases - the longest streak among fully-distributed kids networks.
In Prime, Disney Channel also set new May highs in Total Viewers (2.4 million), Kids 6-11 (1.0 million/4.1 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (820,000/3.4 rating), extending its streak as TV's No. 1 network to 75 consecutive months among Kids 6-11 and to 73 straight months among Tweens 9-14. Year to year, Disney Channel netted its 7th consecutive month of year-to-year increases in Prime in Total Viewers (+4% -- 2.4 million vs. 2.3 million), Kids 6-11 (+6% -- 1.0 million vs. 943,000) and Tweens 9-14 (+5% -- 820,000 vs. 781,000).
· The series finale of "The Suite Life on Deck" (5/6/11) stood as the month's No. 1 TV telecast in Kids 6-11 (2.5 million/10.3 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (2.5 million/10.4 rating), and cable's No. 2 scripted telecast in Total Viewers (5.6 million).
· A preview of upcoming original series "A.N.T. Farm" (5/6/11) ranked as the month's No. 2 TV telecast in Kids 6-11 (2.2 million/9.1 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (2.0 million/8.3 rating), and was cable's No. 3 scripted telecast for the month in Total Viewers (5.0 million).
· The world television premiere of "Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure" (5/22/11) ranked as the month's No. 1 TV movie in key kids, and overall, placed No. 3 across all TV for the month in Kids 6-11 (2.1 million/8.4 rating), No. 4 across all cable in Tweens 9-14 (1.7 million/6.9 rating) and was the No. 1 cable TV movie in Total Viewers (4.9 million),
· In Kids 6-11, Disney Channel secured TV's Top 3 telecasts, and 4 of the Top 5 overall:
· In Tweens 9-14, Disney Channel delivered TV's Top 2 telecasts, and 5 of the Top 7 overall:
Source: Nielsen Media Research, May 2011: 4/25/11-5/29/11 -- Live+7 blended with Live+SD where available. May 2010: 4/26/10-5/30/10. Ratings based on national rating unless otherwise noted, sorted by 000s, then rating;