Ratings Highlights For June 2011 and 2Q 2011 - Final National Ratings
With June Highs, Disney Channel Sweeps Prime and Total Day in Target Demos
~TV's No. 1 Network in Total Day for the 14th Consecutive Month in Tweens 9-14
~No. 1 in Prime for 76 Consecutive Months in Kids 6-11 and 74 Straight in Tweens 9-14
~Posts 8th Straight Month of Gains in Kids - Longest Streak of Fully-Distributed Kid Nets
~"A.N.T. Farm" and "So Random!" Are TV's Top 2 Series in Target Kid Demos
~"Phineas and Ferb" is TV's No. 1 Animated Telecast - Hits Series Highs in Key Kids
~Overall, Owns TV's Top 11 Series Telecasts in Kids 6-11 and the Top 13 in Tweens 9-14
Disney Channel Delivers 2Q Records in Total Viewers and Kids 6-11
~TV's No. 1 Network in Total Day for the 9th Consecutive Quarter in Tweens 9-14
~No. 1 in Prime for 25 Straight Quarters in Kids 6-11 and 48 Straight in Tweens 9-14
~Posts 9th Straight Quarter of Gains - the Longest Streak of Fully-Distributed Kid Nets
Disney Channel (June 11)
During June 2011, Disney Channel ranked as TV's No. 1 network in Total Day among Kids 6-11 (755,000/3.1 rating), and was No. 1 for the 14th consecutive month in Tweens 9-14 (600,000/2.5 rating), delivering TV's Top 11 series telecasts and Top 13 series telecasts, respectively, led by all-new original series "A.N.T. Farm" and "So Random!"
In Total Viewers (1.9 million) and Kids 6-11, Disney Channel delivered its best June ever, posting its 8th consecutive month of year-over-year increases - the longest streak among fully-distributed kids networks.
In Prime, Disney Channel extended its streak as TV's No. 1 network to 76 consecutive months among Kids 6-11 (1.2 million/4.8 rating) and to 74 straight months among Tweens 9-14 (931,000/3.8 rating). Year to year, Disney Channel netted its 8th consecutive month of year-to-year increases in Prime in Kids 6-11 (+9% -- 1.2 million vs. 1.1 million) and Tweens 9-14 (+8% -- 931,000 vs. 865,000).
· On the final Friday of the month (6/24), "Phineas and Ferb" hit series highs in Kids 6-11 (2.1 million/8.7 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (1.6 million/6.5 rating), ranking as the month's No. 1 animated TV telecast. In addition, leading into Phineas and Ferb," "A.N.T. Farm" surged to series highs in Total Viewers (4.6 million), Kids 6-11 (2.3 million/9.4 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (2.0 million/8.1 rating).
· In Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14, Disney Channel owned TV's Top 4 series in both target demos:
· In Kids 6-11, Disney Channel secured TV's Top 11 series telecasts, including the Top 5 below:
· In Tweens 9-14, Disney Channel delivered TV's Top 13 series telecasts, including the Top 5 below:
Disney Channel (2Q11)
In 2Q11, Disney Channel was No. 1 in Tweens 9-14 (509,000/2.1 rating), ranking as TV's No. 1 network in Total Day for the 9th consecutive quarter. Moreover, 2Q11 wrapped as the channel's best 2Q of all time in Total Day in Total Viewers (1.7 million) and Kids 6-11 (631,000/2.5 rating), and its top-rated 2Q of all time in Tweens 9-14 (2.1 rating - tied 2Q09).
Also impressive, in Total Viewers Disney Channel has grown its audience year to year for 9 straight quarters, the only fully-distributed kids' network that can make that claim (dates back to 2Q09).
In Prime, Disney Channel's reign as basic cable's No. 1 network extended to 25 consecutive quarters in Kids 6-11 (1.1 million/4.5 rating) and to 48 quarters in Tweens 9-14 (895,000/3.7 rating).
· "Good Luck Charlie" ranked as TV's No. 1 series for the quarter in Kids 6-11 (1.7 million/7.0 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (1.5 million/6.1 rating).
Source: Nielsen Media Research, June 11 (5/30/11-6/26/11) and 2Q11 (3/28/11-6/26/11), Live+7 blended with Live+SD where available. Ratings based on national rating unless otherwise noted. Kid 6-11 and Tween 9-14 program ranks based on trackage level data with a minimum of 2 telecasts for the month.