ABC's "Body of Proof" is Up with its 2nd Best Young Adult Numbers this Season
Some early info on ABC's Tuesday, ahead of the regular press release.
ABC qualified as the #2 most-watched TV network on Tuesday night to CBS, outdrawing Fox by 4.3 million viewers and NBC by 5.0 million viewers. In addition, ABC beat out NBC by 15% among Adults 18-49 on the evening.
· The Network built week to week with viewers (+3%) and young adults (+5%), while equaling its top Women 18-49 number on the night in 5 weeks - since 10/11/11.
· ABC grew over the same night last year by 5% in Adults 18-49.
Starting off the night for ABC at 8pm opposite CBS' veteran NCIS, ABC rookie Last Man Standing registered as the 2nd-most-watched TV program overall, besting Fox's Glee by 2.1 million viewers and NBC's The Biggest Loser 12 by 2.9 million viewers. The broad-appealing Tim Allen comedy widened its winning advantage over NBC's veteran Biggest Loser to 37% among Adults 18-49 (up from 18% the prior week), while continuing to hold the #2 position in its time slot with Adults 25-54 and key Men (M18-49/M25-54).
· ABC self-starter Last Man Standing once again stood as Tuesday's most-watched sit-com, attracting 2.1 million more viewers than Fox's runner-up Glee-boosted New Girl at 9pm.
· Last Man Standing generated big year-to-year growth in its half-hour, surging by 2.4 million viewers and by 63% in Adults 18-49 from the year-ago night.
At 8:30pm opposite stiff competition from the second half-hours of NCIS and Glee, ABC's Man Up! grew its overall audience week to week and retained 100% of its Adult 18-49 delivery.
Jumping over its lead-in at 9pm and building throughout its broadcast, ABC's Dancing with the Stars: The Results ran neck-and-neck with NCIS: LA for the Total Viewer lead in its hour (tied at 15.0 million viewers), while more than doubling the audiences for The Biggest Loser (+146%) and Fox's comedies (+154% - New Girl/Raising Hope). In addition, the ABC dancing results program placed #1 in its hour with key Women (W18-49/W25-54), while finishing as the #2 broadcast program in its slot with Teens 12-17. Dancing dominated its NBC unscripted competition in the hour among Adults 18-49 (+29%). Soccer star Hope Solo was the ninth celebrity dancer to be eliminated from the ABC dance competition this season.
· The season's penultimate episode of DWTS: The Results hit a 5-week high in Adults 25-54, scoring its 2nd-highest number this season.
ABC's Body of Proof took second place during the 10 o'clock hour, beating NBC's Parenthood by 4.8 million viewers and by 11% in Adults 18-49. In fact Body of Proof registered as the #2 most-watched drama in its time slot for its 8th straight telecast this season and ranked #1 with Women 25-54 for its 2nd telecast in a row.
· After being pre-empted the prior week, ABC's Body of Proof returned with an 11% increase among Adults 18-49 over its most recent airing, exhibiting its 2nd consecutive telecast of growth with young adults. In addition, Body of Proof marked a season high with Adults 25-54, while producing its 2nd-best numbers this season in Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
· Body of Proof scored strong time period improvement for ABC over the same night last year with Total Viewers (+23%) and Adults 18-49 (+24%).