USA DOMINATES LANDSCAPE WITH UNPRECEDENTED
SIX STRAIGHT YEARS AS #1
Longest Consecutive Winning Streak in Cable History
USA's Scripted Portfolio Best in Cable With Six Out of Top Ten Series
NEW YORK - December 12, 2011 - USA once again reigns as cable's #1 network in 2011, extending its unprecedented streak to six straight years in prime for ad-supported cable networks among P25-54 (1.30 million), P18-49 (1.21 million), and total viewers (3.17 million). USA delivered more P25-54 (+19% over #2 ESPN), P18-49 (+11% over #2 ESPN), total viewers (+20% over Disney Channel), and households (2.40 million, +26% over #2 Disney Channel) in primetime than any other cable network as well as earning the year's highest household coverage rating in basic cable prime (2.40, +0.49 over #2 Disney Channel). USA was the only network to deliver over 3 million total viewers or 2 million households this year and the only entertainment network to deliver over 1 million in P18-49.
USA won the year's total day crown again this year among P25-54 (596,000, +5% over #2 TNT) and P18-49 (573,000, +3% over #2 ESPN.)
USA was the home to the strongest portfolio of scripted originals, showcasing the power of the brand with six out of top ten scripted hours among total viewers. The network delivered more viewers (2.47 million in P25-54 / 5.39 million total viewers) to its slate of originals this year than AMC, FX, or TNT.
· ROYAL PAINS: 2.97 million in P25-54, 2.65 million in P18-49, 1.09 million in P18-34, 6.56 million total viewers.
· SUITS: 2.95 million in P25-54, 2.82 million in P18-49, 1.32 million in P18-34, 6.31 million total viewers.
· BURN NOTICE: 2.87 million in P25-54, 2.69 million in P18-49, 1.21 million in P18-34, 6.21 million total viewers.
· COVERT AFFAIRS: 2.62 million in P25-54, 2.37 million in P18-49, 1.00 million in P18-34, 5.64 million total viewers.
· WHITE COLLAR: 2.59 million in P25-54, 2.48 million in P18-49, 1.18 million in P18-34, 5.48 million total viewers.
· NECESSARY ROUGHNESS: 2.58 million in P25-54, 2.35 million in P18-49, 892,000 in P18-34, 5.76 million total viewers.
· IN PLAIN SIGHT: 2.18 million in P25-54, 1.88 million in P18-49, 650,000 in P18-34, 5.00 million total viewers.
· PSYCH: 2.13 million in P25-54, 2.18 million in P18-49, 1.16 million in P18-34, 4.29 million total viewers.
· FAIRLY LEGAL: 1.89 million in P25-54, 1.60 million in P18-49, 590,000 in P18-34, 4.58 million total viewers.
· LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT: 1.87 million in P25-54, 1.67 million in P18-49, 570,000 in P18-34, 4.43 million total viewers.
USA was home to the best performing portfolio of primetime acquired series in 2011 as the only network to average over 1 million in P25-54 (1.05 million), 2 million total viewers (2.87 million), or 2 million households (2.23 million).
· NCIS: 1.11 million in P25-54, 930,000 in P18-49, 335,000 in P18-34, 3.21 million total viewers.
· LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT: 1.01 million in P25-54, 1.03 million in P18-49, 502,000 in P18-34, 2.51 million total viewers.
· CSI: 651,000 in P25-54, 577,000 in P18-49, 220,000 in P18-34, 1.79 million total viewers.
WWE continues to be a ratings juggernaut for USA, 52 weeks a year, on Monday nights. WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW saw gains year over year in all key demos. In 2011, USA extended the WWE franchise with the new original reality series WWE TOUGH ENOUGH.
· WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW: 2.46 million in P25 -54 (+1% over 2010,) 2.52 million in P18-49 (+2% over 2010,) 1.23 million in P18-34 (+9% over 2010,) 5.21 million (+3% over 2010)
· WWE TOUGH ENOUGH: 1.35 million in P25-54, 1.33 million in P18-49, 652,000 in P18-34, 2.75 million total viewers.
The cable entertainment brands of NBCUniversal -- including USA, Syfy, Bravo, Oxygen, E!, Style, mun2 and Sprout -- delivered the #1 audience of affluent and educated viewers in all of television.
USA Network is the #1 network in all of basic cable and is seen in over 102 million U.S. homes. A division of NBC Universal, USA is the cable television leader in original series and home to the best in blockbuster theatrical films, acquired television series and entertainment events. The award-winning USA website is located at www.usanetwork.com. Characters Welcome.
USA Network is a program service of NBC Universal Cable a division of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.