Live + 7 Day Ratings: ABC Claims 2 of the Week's Top 3 Shows in AD18-49 with "Modern Family" and "Grey's"
Live + 7 Day Ratings for the week of 5/14/12 (Week #35):
Based on the Live + 7 Day ratings, ABC claimed 2 of the week's Top 3 programs in Adults 18-49, as Modern Family emerged as TV's #1 program for the 2nd week in a row and Grey's Anatomy solidified its rank as TV's #1 drama.
· ABC's Modern Family moved out of a tie with CBS' Two and a Half Men in the initially reported Live + Same Day numbers to top the season finale of the CBS sitcom by +1.4 rating points in the final Live + 7 numbers (6.2 vs. 4.8). The ABC sitcom also surged ahead of both editions of Fox's American Idol, dominating Idol-Weds by 11% (5.6) and Idol-Thurs by 27% (4.9).
· Based on Nielsen's DVR playback among Adults 18-49, ABC claimed TV's 2 biggest gainer via time-shifted viewing with Modern Family (+2.3 rating points) and Grey's Anatomy (+1.2 rating points). The ABC sitcom registered as the week's biggest gainer in both Total Viewers and young adults for its 21st straight original telecast.
· ABC had 3 shows gain more than 2.50 million viewers from their initially reported totals via time-shifted viewing: Modern Family (+4.34 million), Revenge (+2.61 million) and Grey's Anatomy (+2.53 million).
· Among Adults 18-49, ABC saw 3 series add on more than a full rating point over their initially reported numbers, including the week's top 2 gainers: Modern Family (+2.3 rating - 3.9 to 6.2), Grey's Anatomy (+1.2 rating - 4.1 to 5.3) and Revenge (+1.1 rating - 2.0 to 3.1).
Season-to-Date DVR Playback (9/19/11-5/20/12):
On average for the 2011-12 season, ABC's Modern Family and Grey's Anatomy are the season's Top 2 biggest gainers via time-shifted viewing among Adults 18-49 (picking up 2.4 rating points and 1.5 rating points, respectively), while the ABC sitcom is the season's biggest overall gainer among Total Viewers (+4.76 million).
· With Modern Family (7.5 rating) and Grey's Anatomy (5.1), ABC claims this season's #1 scripted series/comedy and #1 drama, respectively, in the key young adult demo based on original telecasts. In fact, Modern Family leads CBS' The Big Bang Theory (6.5) to stand as the #1 entertainment program of the season.
Source: The Nielsen Company, as dated. Based on original, regular telecasts only.