ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live" Scores its Most-Watched Quarter in its 10-Year History
Some early points on Jimmy Kimmel Live's 2Q 2012 numbers, ahead of the regular press release:
During the 2nd Quarter 2012, ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live turned in its most-watched quarter in its 10-year history. Growing over the year-ago quarter in Total Viewers for the 9th quarter in a row, JKL was the only broadcast talk show in late-night to build year to year (+4%). JKL also stood as the only late-night talk show (broadcast or cable) to grow its overall audience over the 1st quarter, soaring 9% from the prior quarter. Together with Nightline, Jimmy Kimmel Live is part of ABC's winning late-night strategy of airing news and entertainment programming.
· ABC's JKL (M-F 12am) beat NBC's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (M-F 12:35am) by 11% in Total Viewers and by 7% in Adults 18-49, topping the NBC late-night program on each of the 13 weeks of the quarter on both Nielsen measures.
· ABC's JKL outperformed CBS' Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (M-F 12:35am) during the quarter by its largest margin ever in both Total Viewers (+35%) and Adults 18-49 (+35%), marking its 5th straight victory over Ferguson in viewers and its 9th consecutive win among young adults. For the 2nd quarter in a row, JKL led the CBS program in all 13 weeks of the quarter.
· JKL scored its most competitive finish ever with NBC's Tonight Show with Jay Leno and CBS' Late Show with Dave Letterman during the quarter among Adults 18-49, pacing within 300k young adult viewers of the NBC program and within 200k of the CBS program.
During the week of June 18, 2012, ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live grew year to year for the 2nd week in a row, surging over the same week last year by 14% in Total Viewers and by 32% in Adults 18-49.
· ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live stood as the #1 broadcast talk show in late-night in Adults 18-34 during the week.
· ABC's JKL (M-F 12am) led NBC's Tonight Show with Jay Leno (M-F 11:35pm) for the 2nd straight week among Adults 18-34 (+38%). On Friday (6/22/12), a repeat telecast of JKL outdelivered an original telecast of Leno by an impressive 47% in the young adult demo.
· ABC's JKL topped CBS' Late Show with David Letterman (M-F 11:35pm) by 45% in Adults 18-34, marking its 2nd win in a row over the CBS late-night program.
· ABC's JKL outdelivered NBC's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (M-F 12:35am) in both Total Viewers (+8%) and Adults 18-49 (+35%) for the 13th straight week. JKL led Fallon on all 5 nights of the week among young adults. In fact, on all 3 of its repeat telecasts of the week, JKL beat original telecasts of Fallon: Monday (+19%), Wednesday (+5%) and Friday (+6%).
· ABC's JKL outperformed CBS' Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (M-F 12:35am) by an impressive 48% in Total Viewers and 77% in Adults 18-49. For the 4th time in the last 5 weeks, the ABC late-night program beat Ferguson in all 5 days of the week in both Total Viewers and Adults 18-49.