Primetime Ratings Report
For the week of June 25, 2012
(Based on National Live + Same Day Program Ratings)
For the 2nd Week in a Row, ABC's "The Bachelorette" Finishes as a Top 10 TV Show in Adults 18-49 and as the No. 1 TV Series Overall with Key Women
ABC is No. 1 on Monday Across Key Women Demos for the 2nd Straight Week
"The Bachelorette" Hits a Best-Since-Premiere Number with Women 18-34,
Generating the Network's Strongest Performance in the Time Period in 3 Months
ABC Leads the Pack on Thursday in Adults 18-49, Beating Originals on Fox and NBC
Drawing its Largest Audience in 3 Weeks, ABC Freshman "Duets" Live Show Attracts
2.0 Million More Viewers than Fox's Freshman "Take Me Out" on Thursday at 8pm
Finishing Among the Week's Top 15 TV Series, "Wipeout" Opener Posts the Series' Best Adult 18-49 Number in 6 Months and Crushes Fox's "The Choice" on Thursday
Drawing its Largest Audience This Summer, ABC's Replay "America's
Funniest Home Videos" is the No. 1 Series in its Slot with Adults 18-49
On its First Original Telecast in 3 Weeks, ABC's "Secret Millionaire" Returns as
The Most-Watched TV Series in Sunday's 8pm Hour with a Season High in Teens
Up Against the Finals of the Women's Gymnastic Olympic Trials, ABC's "EM:
Weight Loss Edition" Shoots Up by Double-Digit Percentages From Start to Finish
WEEK No. 41:
With "The Bachelorette" and "The Glass House," ABC (5.8 million) once again finished as Monday's 2nd-most-watched network to NBC ("Olympic Trials"/"America's Got Talent"/"American Ninja Warrior"), outdrawing Fox's unscripted originals (5.5 million - "Hell's Kitchen"/"MasterChef"). For the 2nd consecutive week, the Net ranked No. 1 on the night across all key Women demographics (W18-34/W18-49/W25-54).
"The Bachelorette" (8:00-10:02 p.m.)
At 8:00 p.m., ABC's "The Bachelorette" took second in its time slot with Total Viewers (7.0 million), while ranking No. 1 with Adults 18-34 (2.0/7) for the 2nd week in a row. In addition, for the 6th straight week, the ABC unscripted series won its time period across all key Women demos (W18-34/W18-49/W25-54), while registering as Monday's No. 1 TV show for the 3rd consecutive week on all three measures.
· For the 2nd week in a row, ABC's "The Bachelorette" finished as a Top 10 TV show in Adults 18-49 (No. 9) and as the week's No. 1 television series overall with key Women (W18-34/W18-49).
· Hitting a best-since-premiere number with Women 18-34 (3.2/10), the show was up for the 2nd week in a row to mark ABC's best performance in the time period in 3 months - since 3/12/12.
"The Glass House" (10:02-11:00 p.m.)
During the 10 o'clock hour, ABC's "The Glass House" ranked No. 2 against its net rivals with Adults 18-49 (1.1/3-tie) and key Women (W18-34/W18-49).
With the "Duets" live show, the summer opener of "Wipeout" and "Rookie Blue," ABC ranked No. 1 on Thursday night among the major nets in Adults 18-49 (1.4/4), beating all-original schedules on Fox by 27% (1.1/3) and NBC by 27% (1.1/3).
· As its Thursday line-up returned to series programming for the first time in three weeks, ABC improved over its last regular Thursday schedule by 17% among Adults 18-49 (1.2/4 on 6/7/12).
"Duets" (8:00-9:00 p.m.)
From 8:00-9:00 p.m., ABC freshman "Duets" live show outdrew Fox's freshman "Take Me Out" by 2.0 million viewers (4.3 million vs. 2.3 million).
· Building for the 2nd telecast in a row (+2%), "Duets" delivered its biggest audience in 3 weeks - since 6/7/12.
"Wipeout" (9:00-10:00 p.m.)
Doubling its lead-in among young adults (+100%), ABC's summer season premiere of "Wipeout" stood as the No. 1 broadcast program in the 9 o'clock hour with Adults 18-49 (2.0/6), defeating runner-up Fox's "The Choice" by 67% (1.2/3). "Wipeout" dominated NBC's "Saving Hope" in the slot by 94% in Total Viewers (6.2 million vs. 3.2 million) and by 186% in Adults 18-49 (2.0/6 vs. 0.7/2).
· ABC's "Wipeout" finished among the week's Top 15 TV series in Adults 18-49 (No. 13).
· The broad-appealing ABC unscripted series was Thursday's top-rated broadcast show with Adults 18-49 (tie), Teens 12-17 and Kids 2-11.
· "Wipeout" topped last season's finale by 33% among Adults 18-49 to open this season with its highest number since January - since 1/12/12.
· Moving to the 9 o'clock hour this summer, "Wipeout" improved over original series programming in the time slot on the same night last summer by 11% in Adults 18-49 ("Expedition Impossible" on 6/30/11 = 1.8/6). In fact, the show delivered ABC's highest non-sports summertime (Memorial Day-Labor Day) number in the hour among young adults in 1 year - since 6/23/11.
"Rookie Blue" (10:00-11:00 p.m.)
From 10:00-11:00 p.m., ABC's "Rookie Blue" ranked No. 1 with key Adults (A18-49/A25-54), towering over NBC's "Rock Center with Brian Williams" by 38% in Adults 18-49 and by 25% in Adults 25-54.
ABC took second among the broadcasters to NBC with its Olympic Trials (Finals for Track and Field, Swimming and Women's Gymnastics) on Sunday night in Adults 18-49 (1.2/4-tie).
· The Network surged over the same night last summer (7/3/11) by 15% in Total Viewers (4.5 million vs. 3.9 million) and by 71% in Adults 18-49 (1.2/4 vs. 0.7/3).
"America's Funniest Home Videos" (7:00-8:00 p.m.)
During the 7 o'clock hour, ABC's repeat "America's Funniest Home Videos" tied CBS' original "60 Minutes" as the No. 1 series among Adults 18-49 (1.2/4).
· Building week to week in viewers (+13%) and young adults (+20%), "AFHV" generated its most-watched telecast (5.2 million) this summer.
"Secret Millionaire" (8:00-9:00 p.m.)
Returning to original for the first time in 3 weeks, ABC's "Secret Millionaire" (5.0 million) stood as the most-watched TV series from 8:00-9:00 p.m. Opposite the Olympic Trials' Swimming Finals, the ABC unscripted series gained viewers and young adult audience throughout its broadcast.
· ABC's "Secret Millionaire" shot up 40% over its most recent original with Teens 12-17, hitting its best number this summer.
"EM: Weight Loss Edition" (9:00-11:00 p.m.)
On its first original airing in 3 weeks, ABC's "EM: Weight Loss Edition" grew during each half-hour from 9:00-11:00 p.m. against the Women's Gymnastics Finals Olympic Trials on NBC, surging by double-digit percentages from start to finish in Total Viewers (+22% - 3.7 million to 4.5 million) and Adults 18-49 (+27% - 1.1/3 to 1.4/4).
· Like its lead-in, ABC's "EM: Weight Loss Edition" jumped 40% over its last first-run telecast with Teens 12-17 to hit a season high. In addition, despite the increased competition from the Olympic Trials, the show held 100% of its Adult 18-34 audience from its last original broadcast.
Source: The Nielsen Company (National, Live+ Same Day Program Ratings), week of 06/25/12.