Ratings Highlights July 16-22, 2012 - Final National Ratings
Disney Channel Reaches 7th Consecutive Week as Cable TV's #1 Network
in Total Viewers Across Total Day; Ascends to #1 Ranking Year to date
~ TV's #1 Total Day Network Across Target Kid Demos for 7th Straight Week;
~ 58th Consecutive Week at #1 in Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14;
~ Delivers 2nd-Largest Competitive Victory Ever Over Nickelodeon
Disney Channel: Total Day and Prime Highlights
Far and away the #1 network this summer, Disney Channel is ALSO tracking as the #1 cable TV network in Total Day for 2012 to date in Total Viewers (1.70 million), and as TV's #1 network in Kids 2-11 (959,000/2.3 rating), Kids 6-11 (633,000/2.6 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (529,000/2.2 rating). This will mark seminal victories in Total Viewers and Kids 2-11, the network's second year at #1 in Kids 6-11 and fourth in Tweens.
For the week of July 16, 2012, Disney Channel ranked as the #1 cable TV network for the 7th consecutive week in Total Viewers (2.07 million), as the #1 TV network for the 7th straight week in Kids 2-11 (1.19 million/2.9 rating), while extending its record-streak as the #1 TV network to a notable 58 consecutive weeks in Kids 6-11 (860,000/3.5 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (711,000/3.0 rating).
· Competitively, Disney Channel levied its 2nd-largest competitive win ever over Nickelodeon, surpassing the key competitor by double-digit percent margins for the 37th consecutive week in Kids 6-11 (67% - 860,000 vs. 515,000), for the 39th straight week in Tweens 9-14 (71% - 711,000 vs. 415,000), for the 7th week in a row in Kids 2-11 (46% - 1.19 million vs. 814,000) and for the 5th time in the previous 6 weeks in Total Viewers (29% - 2.07 million vs. 1.61 million).
· In Prime, Disney Channel stood as the #1 cable TV network for the 374th straight week in Kids 6-11 (1.26 million/5.1 rating - over 7 years) and for the 109th consecutive week in Tweens 9-14 (977,000/4.1 rating - over 2 years).
· "A.N.T. Farm" (Fri., 8:00 - 8:30 p.m.) recorded Season 2 highs in Total Viewers (3.42 million) and Tweens 9-14 (1.47 million/6.1 rating), and was its 2nd-most-watched telecast of the season in Kids 2-11 (2.06 million/5.0 rating) and Kids 6-11 (1.66 million/6.8 rating).
· Disney Channel delivered the week's Top 5 TV Telecasts in Kids 2-11:
· Disney Channel held the week's Top 10 TV Telecasts in Kids 6-11 (Top 5 below):
· Disney Channel held the week's Top 18 TV Telecasts in Tweens 9-14 (Top 5 below):
[Source: NTI, U.S. ratings. Week of 7/16/12-7/22/12: Live + Same Day. 2012 to date: 12/26/11 - 7/22/12. Competitive rank streaks include ties based on rating.]