Ratings Highlights August 6-12, 2012
Final National Ratings
Disney Channel Tracking for Summer Gold - Pacing for Decisive, First-Ever Total Day #1 Ranking in Total Viewers and Kids 2-11;
7th Straight Summer at #1 in Tweens and 4th Summer in Kids 6-11
~"Good Luck Charlie" and Jessie" to Rank as TV's Top 2 Series
~"Phineas and Ferb" to be the #1 Animated TV Series
Current Week Boasts 10th Consecutive Week Atop All Cable TV in Total Viewers and Atop All TV in Kids 2-11; Streak at 61 Straight Weeks in Kids 6-11 and Tweens
Rising to Series Highs, "Gravity Falls" is the Week's #1 TV Telecast in Kids 2-11, Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14, and the #1 Animated Cable Telecast in Total Viewers
Disney Channel: Total Day and Prime Highlights
The Total Day winner across all cable TV for the past 10 weeks, Disney Channel is set to score its first-ever Total Day Summer win in Total Viewers (1.96 million), with its current lead over the #2 cable TV network, Nickelodeon, a sizeable 13% (vs. 1.74 million).
Set to deliver the summer's Top 2 TV series in target kids with "Good Luck Charlie" and "Jessie," and the #1 animated TV series with "Phineas and Ferb," Disney Channel will rank as the #1 TV network for the 7th consecutive summer in Tweens 9-14 (678,000/2.8 rating), for the 4th consecutive summer in Kids 6-11 (806,000/3.3 rating), and will capture Summer gold for the first time in the network's history in Kids 2-11 (1.13 million/2.7 rating), with its current lead a hefty 24% over Nickelodeon in the demo (Note in Summer 2011, Nickelodeon beat Disney Channel by 11%).
For the week of August 6, 2012, Disney Channel ranked as the #1 cable TV network for the 10th consecutive week in Total Viewers (1.97 million), as the #1 TV network for the 10th straight week in Kids 2-11 (1.18 million/2.9 rating), and extended its record-setting streak to 61 consecutive weeks as the #1 TV network in Kids 6-11 (865,000/3.5 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (697,000/2.9 rating).
· Versus runner up Nickelodeon, Disney Channel held a double-digit percent advantage for the 40th consecutive week in Kids 6-11 (30% - 865,000 vs. 665,000), for the 42nd straight week in Tweens 9-14 (35% - 697,000 vs. 517,000) and for the 9th week in a row in Kids 2-11 (17% - 1.18 million vs. 1.01 million).
· In Prime, Disney Channel was the #1 cable TV network for the second consecutive week in Total Viewers (2.50 million), and has been the #1 cable TV network for over 7 years in Kids 6-11 (1.24 million/5.1 rating - 377 weeks), and over 2 consecutive years in Tweens 9-14 (971,000/4.0 rating - 112 weeks).
· Disney Channel aired the week's Top 7 TV Telecasts in Kids 2-11 (Top 5 below):
· Disney Channel owned the week's Top 14 TV Telecasts in Kids 6-11, and 19 of the Top 20 (Top 5 below):
· Disney Channel delivered the week's Top 5 TV Telecasts in Tweens 9-14, and 8 of the Top 10 (Top 5 below):
[Source: NTI, U.S. ratings. Week of 8/6/12-8/12/12: Live + Same Day. Summer 2012 to date: 5/28/12 - 8/12/12, most current. Competitive rank streaks include ties based on rating.]