ANIMAL PLANET SIZZLES WITH BEST SUMMER EVER; Network Also Scores Awesome August
-- Network Also Scores Awesome August -
· Animal Planet had its best summer performance ever in prime and in total day, respectively, among P2+ viewers (660K, 451K), P25-54 (304K, 195K) and P18-49 (279K, 185K).
· Animal Planet also had its best ever August performance in prime with P25-54 (298K) and its best August performance in nine years with P2+ viewers (651K). The network also achieved record ratings in total day with best-ever performance among P2+ viewers (445K) and P25-54 (194K).
· Animal Planet placed among the top 20 networks (#18) in prime in August with M25-54 in all ad-supported cable.
· The network's hot summer was spiced up by record-high prime performances for the following fan-favorite series:
· CALL OF THE WILDMAN
· This Sunday's episode, "Pig Wallow Predator," drew in nearly 1.8M P2+ viewers, making it as the series' most-watched telecast.
· This summer's episodes of CALL OF THE WILDMAN to date delivered 1.1M P2+ viewers.
· The 2012 episodes have outperformed 2011 episode deliveries by more than 40% among P2+ viewers (+52%, 1.1M), P25-54 (+66%, 581K), M25-54 (+58%, 320K) and W25-54 (+77%, 260K).
· The August 18 episode, "For the Love of the Game... or Money," drew in more than 1.2M P2+ viewers, making it the series' most-watched episode ever.
· In season two to date, TANKED delivered more than 1M P2+ viewers.
· Season two premieres are exceeding season one levels across all key demos with double-digit gains: P2+ (+35%, 1M), P25-54 (+24%, 512K), M25-54 (+20%, 259K) and W25-54 (28%, 254K).
· MY CAT FROM HELL
· Season three averaged approximately 1M P2+ viewers in 2012 to date.
CALL OF THE WILDMAN features the bare-handed, backwoods animal-trapping skills of "Turtleman" Ernie Brown, Jr. For the past three decades, Turtleman has been diving into Kentucky's murkiest ponds in search of feisty snapping turtles, capable of biting through bone. No job is too tough or dangerous for Turtleman, and his years of bonding with wild animals allow him to use his animal instincts to save them. CALL OF THE WILDMAN is produced by Sharp Entertainment for Animal Planet. Matt Sharp is the executive producer for Sharp Entertainment. Dawn Sinsel is executive producer for Animal Planet.
TANKED dunks viewers into the aquariums made by Acrylic Tank Manufacturing (ATM), the world's leading manufacturer of aquariums. ATM is a family-owned business led by brothers-in-law Wayde King and Brett Raymer, who are both long-time friends and fierce rivals, and TANKED shows the drama and near impossibility of their mission - to create enormously conceptual aquariums for high-profile clients. TANKED is produced for Animal Planet by Nancy Glass Productions. Nancy Glass, Eric Neuhaus and Dean Slotar are the executive producers for Nancy Glass Productions, and Melinda Toporoff is the executive producer for Animal Planet. TANKED was developed by Animal Planet's Senior Vice President of Development Charlie Foley.
Cat behaviorist Jackson Galaxy tackles the most catastrophic cat cases anyone has ever encountered in MY CAT FROM HELL. Armed with 15 years of experience, a proven training program and his signature guitar case filled with cat toys, Galaxy is on a mission to help cat owners find the source of conflict with their furry friends. MY CAT FROM HELL is produced for Animal Planet by 3 Ball Productions/Eyeworks USA. Melinda Toporoff is the executive producer for Animal Planet. JD Roth, Todd A. Nelson and Adam Kaloustian are executive producers and Chandrea Miller is the co-executive producer for 3 Ball/Eyeworks.
Animal Planet Media (APM), a multi-media business unit of Discovery Communications, is the world's only entertainment brand that immerses viewers in the full range of life in the animal kingdom with rich, deep content via multiple platforms and offers animal lovers and pet owners access to a centralized online, television and mobile community for immersive, engaging, high-quality entertainment, information and enrichment. APM consists of the Animal Planet television network, available in more than 96 million homes in the US; online assets www.animalplanet.com, the ultimate online destination for all things animal; the 24/7 broadband channel, Animal Planet Beyond; Petfinder.com, the #1 pet-related Web property globally that facilitates pet adoption; and other media platforms including a robust Video-on-Demand (VOD) service; mobile content; and merchandising extensions.