LIFETIME SCORES THIRD STRAIGHT QUARTER REGISTERING YEAR-ON-YEAR GROWTH
Increases Mark Lifetime's Strongest 3Q Year-on-Year Growth in More than a Decade;
Network's Median Age is Youngest for 3Q in 14 Years
LOS ANGELES, CA (October 2, 2012) - For a third straight quarter, Lifetime has registered year-on-year growth among the key demographics, according to Nielsen Research. The network posted a +14% increase among Women 18-49 in Third Quarter 2012 versus Third Quarter 2011, Lifetime's strongest year-to-year growth for a Third Quarter in 11 years (3Q 2001, +15%); +9% in Women 25-54, its strongest in a decade (3Q 2002, +14%); and +5% among Adults 18-49, a 3Q best for Lifetime in 11 years (3Q 2001, +18%). Lifetime's median age of 48 marks 3Q'12 as its youngest Third Quarter in 14 years (3Q 1998, 48).
Among the top 10 basic cable networks, Lifetime was the second fastest-growing network among Women 25-54 during the quarter, reaching its highest ranks among Women 18-49 (#3) and Women 25-54 (#4) in eight quarters (since 2Q'10). Lifetime also made great strides among Total Viewers, ranking #14 vs. #18 in 3Q'12, Adults 18-49 (#14 vs. #17) and Adults 25-54 (#13 vs. #14).
As Lifetime further expands its programming slate featuring original dramas, unscripted series and movies, year-to-date it is pacing ahead of 2011-YTD +15% with Women 18-49, the strongest year-to-year growth for Lifetime in 14 years (1998-YTD, +17%); +8% among Women 25-54, the strongest in 10 years (2002-YTD, +21%); +8 with Adults 18-49, also a 10-year best (2002-YTD, +9%); and +3% with Adults 25-54, the strongest in 7 years (2005-YTD, +6%). Lifetime's YTD median age of 48 is its youngest median age in 12 years, since 2000-YTD (48).
Lifetime's YTD highlights include:
· Project Runway Season 10 is the #1 unscripted cable series on Thursday night (8-11pm) with Women 25-54, Women 18+ and Women 2+ (excluding sports).
· Dance Moms season 2 was the #1 unscripted cable series in its Tuesday 9-10pm time period among Women 18-49 and Women 2+. Season 2 over-delivered season 1 by +69% with Adults 18-49, +72% Women 18-49, +64% with Adults 25-54 and +66% with Women 25-54. Dance Moms is Lifetime's youngest skewing current series with a Season 2 median age of 32 years old, five years younger than Season 1.
· Army Wives and Drop Dead Diva launched Lifetime to the #1 cable network on Sundays 9-11pm among Women 25-54.
· Army Wives Season 6 was the #1 ad-supported cable series in its premiere time period among Women 18+. YTD it ranks as a top 5 ad-supported cable drama among Women 18-49 (#5).
· Drop Dead Diva ranked as the #1 drama across ad-supported cable in the Sunday 9-10pm time period with Women 25-54, Women 18-49, Women 2+ and Women 18+.
· The Client List delivered Lifetime's strongest freshman season for an original series since Drop Dead Diva (Jul-Oct 2009) among Total Viewers, Adults 25-54 and Women 25-54. Among Adults 18-49 and Women 18-49, it was the best freshman season since Army Wives premiered in Jun-Aug 2007. The Client List propelled Lifetime to #1 in the Sunday 10-11pm hour among Women 18+.
· America's Most Wanted has improved the Friday 9-10pm daypart by +44% with Adults 25-54, +21% with Women 25-54, +40% with Adults 18-49, +19% with Women 18-49 and +37% with Total Viewers.
· Lifetime has the top 5 original basic cable movies among Adults 25-54 and Women 25-54, and 4 of the top 5 original basic cable movies among Adults 18-49 and Women 18-49 (excluding miniseries).
· Drew Peterson: Untouchable is the #1 movie telecast across cable among Total Viewers, Adults 18+, Women 18+, Adults 25-54, Women 25-54, Adults 18-49 and Women 18-49 (excluding miniseries).
In First Quarter 2012, Lifetime posted major growth in viewership among the key demos versus First Quarter 2011, including a 9% jump in Adults 25-54, +12% with Women 25-54, +14% with Adults 18-49 and +18% with Women 18-49. In addition, the quarter marked the first time Lifetime had posted 1Q year-on-year growth for Adults 25-54, Women 25-54 and Women 18-49 in seven years.
For Second Quarter 2012, the network continued to enjoy growth compared to Second Quarter 2011, posting a 13% jump among Women 18-49, +5% among Adults 18-49 and +1% in Women 25-54. Among Women 18-49, Lifetime also marked its strongest 2Q growth in a decade, while its primetime median age of 48 was its youngest for 2Q in 12 years.
Lifetime Television is committed to offering the highest quality entertainment and information programming, and advocating a wide range of issues affecting women and their families. Lifetime Television(R), LMN(R), Lifetime Real Women(R) and Lifetime Digital(TM) are part of Lifetime Entertainment Services, LLC, a subsidiary of A+E Networks. A+E Networks is a joint venture of the Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.