Ratings Highlights October 8-14, 2012
Final National Ratings
Disney Channel Extends Record Streak as TV's #1 Network on a Total Day Basis to 70 Consecutive Weeks in Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14
Premieres of Original Movie "Girl Vs. Monster" and Family Comedy "Dog With a Blog" Are TV's Top 2 Telecasts Across Kids 2-11, Kids 6-11 and Tweens; Rank as the #2 TV Movie and #1 TV Series Launch Year to Date in the Target Demos
Disney Channel: Total Day and Prime Highlights
For the week of October 8, 2012, Disney Channel continued its record streak as the #1 TV network on a Total Day basis to 70 consecutive weeks in Kids 6-11 (614,000/2.6 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (499,000/2.1 rating), and was the #1 TV network for the 2nd consecutive week in Kids 2-11 (903,000/2.3 rating) and for the 4th time in the previous 5 weeks overall.
Disney Channel continues to out-deliver Nickelodeon by solid margins on a weekly basis, surpassing it by double-digit percentages for the 49th straight week in Kids 6-11 (+37% - 614,000 vs. 449,000) and for the 51st consecutive week in Tweens 9-14 (+46% - 499,000 vs. 342,000).
In Prime, Disney Channel extended its dominance as the #1 cable TV network to 386 weeks in Kids 6-11 (1.12 million/4.8 rating - more than 7 years), and was #1 for the 121st week in a row in Tweens 9-14 (951,000/4.0 rating - more than 2 years).
· The premiere of Disney Channel Original Movie "Girl Vs. Monster" (10/12/12 - 8:00 p.m.) ranked as the week's #1 TV telecast in Kids 2-11 (2.79 million/7.0 rating), Kids 6-11 (2.24 million/9.5 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (1.85 million/7.8 rating), becoming the #2 TV movie of 2012 to date, and was the week's #2 scripted cable TV telecast in Total Viewers (4.92 million).
· Launch of "Dog With a Blog" (10/12/12 - 9:40 p.m.) unleashed 4.5 million Total Viewers, and debuted as the #1 TV series of 2012 to date in Kids 2-11 (2.63 million/6.6 rating), Kids 6-11 (2.15 million/9.1 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (1.70 million/7.2 rating).
· Disney Channel delivered the week's Top 8 TV Telecasts in Kids 2-11:
· Disney Channel aired the week's Top 9 TV Telecasts in Kids 6-11, and 23 of the Top 25 overall:
· Disney Channel held the week's Top 5 TV Telecasts in Tweens 9-14, and 27 of the Top 30 overall:
[Source: NTI, U.S. ratings. Week of 10/8/12-10/14/12: Live + Same Day. Competitive rank streaks include ties based on rating.]
Ratings Highlights Disney Junior of Disney Channel
Final National Ratings - October 8 - 14, 2012
Disney Junior's "Doc McStuffins" and "Jake and the Never Land Pirates"
Rank as the Week's Top 2 Cable TV Series in Kids 2-5 and Girls 2-5
Disney Junior Delivers the Top 3 Preschool Cable TV Series with Moms for
the 3rd Straight Week with "Doc McStuffins," "Jake and the Never Land Pirates" and "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse"
For the week of October 8, 2012, Disney Channel's daily programming block for kids age 2-7 and their caregivers, Disney Junior, delivered the Top 2 cable TV series among Kids 2-5 and Girls 2-5, "Doc McStuffins" and "Jake and the Never Land Pirates." Among Women 18-49, the block delivered the Top 3 preschool cable TV series for the 3rd consecutive week, this week with "Doc McStuffins," "Jake and the Never Land Pirates and "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse."
· Disney Junior block delivered the week's Top 2 cable TV series in Kids 2-5:
· Disney Junior block aired the week's Top 2 cable TV series in Girls 2-5:
· Disney Junior block owned the week's Top 2 preschool cable TV series in Women 18-49:
About Disney Junior:
Disney Junior reflects the emotional connection generations of consumers have to Disney storytelling and Disney characters, both classic and contemporary. It invites mom and dad to join their child in the Disney experience of magical, musical and heartfelt stories and characters, while incorporating specific learning and development themes designed for kids age 2-7. Disney Junior's series blend Disney's unparalleled storytelling and characters kids love deeply with learning, including early math, language skills, healthy eating and lifestyles, and social skills. Disney Junior launched in February 2011 with a daily programming block on Disney Channel. In its first year, Disney Junior posted the network's biggest yearly audience in the daypart in Total Viewers, Kids 2-5, Boys 2-5 and Women 18-49, increasing by double-digit margins among preschooler demographics over year-ago levels. On March 23, 2012 Disney Junior added a cable and satellite channel in the U.S. Disney Junior India launched in October 2012, bringing the total number of channels to 31 worldwide.
Source: NMR, U.S. ratings, 10/8/12 - 10/14/12, and as dated. Moms=Women 18-49.