Live+7 Day Ratings: ABC Claims the Week's 2 Biggest DVR Gainers with "Modern Family"
Live+7 Day Ratings for the week of 10/8/12 (Week #3):
· Based on Nielsen's DVR playback data for the week, ABC claimed the 2 biggest gainers via DVR playback among Adults 18-49, as a special episode of Modern Family gained +2.5 rating points and the regular telecast added on +2.0 rating points. Soaring to a 7.4 rating among young adults in the final Live + 7 Day ratings, the Modern Family special jumped up to rank as the #2 TV program of the week, pacing within just 4-tenths of a rating point of NBC's Sunday Night Football (7.4 vs. 7.8). In addition, the regular airing of Modern Family moved out of a tie with The Voice in the Live + Same Day statistics to lead the NBC unscripted series by a full rating point in the final Live + 7 Day numbers (6.8 vs. 5.8).
· The series debut of ABC's Nashville shot up 50% in Adults 18-49 over its Live + Same Day rating to deliver a 4.2 rating in its Live + 7 Day finals, while picking up 3.53 million more viewers to average 12.46 million Total Viewers for its debut telecast.
· ABC had 8 telecasts add on more 2.00 million viewers over their originally reported L+SD numbers: Modern Family SP-10/10 (+4.91 million), Modern Family (+4.07 million), Nashville (+3.53 million), Castle (+3.36 million), Once Upon a Time (+2.96 million), Revenge (+2.80 million), Private Practice (+2.54 million) and Last Resort (+2.19 million).
· ABC claimed 6 of the Top 10 biggest gainers among Adults 18-49, all picking up at least +1.2 rating points: Modern Family SP-10/10 (+2.5 rating - 4.9 to 7.4), Modern Family (+2.0 rating - 4.8 to 6.8), Nashville (+1.4 rating - 2.8 to 4.2), Once Upon a Time (+1.4 rating - 3.0 to 4.4), Revenge (+1.2 rating - 2.6 to 3.8) and Private Practice (+1.2 rating - 1.6 to 2.8).
Please note: ABC's Grey's Anatomy and Scandal were pre-empted during the week for the Vice Presidential debate.
Season-to-Date DVR Playback (9/24/12-10/14/12):
On average for the 2012-13 season to date, ABC's Modern Family is the season's biggest gainer via DVR playback among Adults 18-49, picking up +2.1 rating points (tied with NBC's Revolution). ABC's Nashville adds on +1.4 rating points over its Live + Same Day number, standing as the season's #2 new show in DVR playback.
· With Modern Family (7.3 rating) and Grey's Anatomy (5.7), ABC claims this season's #1 scripted series/comedy and #1 broadcast drama, respectively, in the key young adult demo.
Source: The Nielsen Company, as dated. Based on original telecasts only.