HGTV RINGS IN THE NEW YEAR WITH RECORD RATINGS
NEW YORK, N.Y. - Jan. 8, 2013 - An all-premiere line-up helped HGTV to the No.1 spot among all ad supported cable networks on New Year's Day among upscale A25-54, W25-54 and W18-49 . In addition, HGTV secured its highest New Year's Day primetime and Tuesday primetime in network history. The day's programming included the annual live and commercial-free coverage of the 124th Tournament of Roses Parade, the HGTV Dream Home 2013 and two new series, Hawaii Life and Island Hunters. HGTV's total day resulted in more than 18 million viewers tuning in on New Year's Day, up +11% versus last year.
Ratings highlights include:
· HGTV's Prime rating on New Year's Day was the network's highest ever New Year's Day Prime rating ever among HHs, P25-54, M25-54, and M18-49. Tuesday night (8 p.m.-12 a.m.) delivered a 0.76 P25-54 rating, which is a 69% increase over Tuesdays in January 2012 and a 95% increase over the prior 13 week average.
· The new series premiere of Hawaii Life at 9 p.m. delivered a 0.77 P25-54 rating, which is 71% above the same time last year and 127% above the prior 13 week average. The second episode of the series at 9:30 p.m. had the highest P25-54 rating of the night (0.87 P25-54 rating) on HGTV. This double stack of Hawaii Life gave the Tuesday 9-10 p.m. time period its highest rating since last summer (7/24/2012).
· New series Island Hunters premiered at 3 p.m. to a 0.66 P25-54 rating, and the 3:30 p.m. episode posted a 0.72 P25-54 rating. Both episodes showed triple-digit gains from the same time period last year and the prior 13 weeks.
· The 2013 Rose Parade averaged a 0.89 P25-54 rating and ranked as the No. 4 ad-supported cable program among P25-54 during that time.
· The premiere of HGTV Dream Home 2013 at 7 p.m. averaged a 0.68 P25-54 rating, showing triple-digit gains above the same time period last year and above the prior 13 weeks. Additionally, the special grew 10% over HGTV Dream Home 2012.
America's leading home and lifestyle brand, HGTV features a top-rated cable network that is distributed to more than 98 million U.S. households and the HGTV website, HGTV.com, the nation's leading online home-and-garden destination that attracts an average of four million unique visitors per month. The brand also includes the HGTV(R) HOME consumer products line which showcases exclusive collections of paint, flooring, soft goods and other home-oriented products, as well as HGTV Magazine, a new home and lifestyle publication published in partnership with Hearst Magazines. Viewers can become fans of HGTV and interact with other home improvement enthusiasts through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.