Ratings Highlights for February 2013
Final National Ratings
Disney Channel Extends #1 Total Day TV Streak to 22 Consecutive Months Among Kids 6-11 and 34 Months in Tweens 9-14; Sets February High in Tweens
~"Dog With A Blog" is TV's #1 Series in Kids 2-11; "Shake It Up" #1 in Kids 6-11/Tweens
~ Home to Top 10 Cable TV Telecasts in K2-11, Top 26 in K6-11 and Top 13 in TW9-14
Disney Junior Preschooler Block Sets February Highs; "Sofia the First" is Cable's #1 TV Series for 2nd Consecutive Month; Block Delivers Top 3 Series With "Sofia," "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and "Jake and the Never Land Pirates"
~ "Sofia the First" Accounts for TV's Top 4 Telecasts in Kids 2-5, Top 6 Year to Date
Disney Channel February 2013 Total Day and Prime Highlights
During February 2013, Disney Channel ranked as TV's #1 network on a Total Day basis for the 22nd consecutive month in Kids 6-11 (593,000/2.5 rating - dates back to May 2011) and for the 34th in Tweens 9-14 (527,000/2.2 rating - dates back to May 2012), setting February highs in Tweens 9-14.
February saw Disney Channel tower over Nickelodeon by double digits for the 20th consecutive month in Kids 6-11 (+27% - vs. 468,000) and Tweens 9-14 (+68% - vs. 313,000) boasting its 2nd-largest monthly competitive advantage ever in Tweens 9-14.
In Prime, Disney Channel extended its streak as TV's #1 network to 97 consecutive months in Kids 6-11 (1.1 million/4.4 rating) and to 92 months in Tweens 9-14 (921,000/3.9 rating), and was cable TV's #2 network in Total Viewers (2.5 million), surpassing #3 History Channel by a solid 19% (vs. 2.1 million).
· "Dog With A Blog" ranked as the months #1 TV series in Kids 2-11 (2.3 million/5.8 rating), with "Shake It Up" the #1 TV series in Kids 6-11 (1.9 million/8.2 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (2.0 million/8.4 rating).
· On Sunday, February 17, "Dog With A Blog" (8:00 - 8:30 p.m.) and "Austin & Ally" (8:30 - 9:00 p.m.) set series highs in Tweens 9-14, and delivered their #2 telecasts on record in Total Viewers, Kids 2-11 and Kids 6-11.
· Overall, led by "Austin & Ally," Disney Channel delivered the month's Top 10 cable TV telecasts in Kids 2-11, Top 26 in Kids 6-11 and Top 13 in Tweens 9-14 (Top 5 below):
Disney Junior - February 2013
Disney Junior, the daily programming block for kids age 2-7 on Disney Channel, recorded February highs in Total Viewers (1.8 million), Girls 2-5 (288,000/3.7 rating) and Women 18-49 (326,000/0.5 rating), and saw its highest rated February in the daypart in Kids 2-5 (3.1 rating).
· For the 2nd straight month, "Sofia the First" was crowned the month's #1 cable TV series in Kids 2-5 (851,000/5.3 rating) and Girls 2-5 (501,000/6.4 rating), the #1 preschool cable TV series in Total Viewers (2.2 million) and Women 18-49 (437,000/0.7 rating), and was also the #1 cable TV series in Boys 2-5 (349,000/4.3 rating). In fact, "Sofia" was the #1 cable TV series each week throughout the month in Kids 2-5.
· Impressively, in 2013 to date, "Sofia the First" accounts for the Top 6 cable TV telecasts in Kids 2-5, Top 5 cable TV telecasts in Girls 2-5 and the Top 5 preschool cable TV telecasts in Women 18-49 (Kids 2-5 below):
· Overall, the block held the month's Top 3 cable TV series in Kids 2-5 and Girls 2-5, and the Top 4 preschool cable TV series in Total Viewers and Women 18-49 with "Sofia the First," "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse," "Jake and the Never Land Pirates" and "Doc McStuffins" (varying order):
About Disney Channel:
Disney Channel is a 24-hour kid-driven, family inclusive television network that taps into the world of kids and families through original series and movies. Currently available on basic cable in nearly 99 million U.S. homes and to millions of other viewers on Disney Channels around the world, Disney Channel is part of the Disney/ABC Television Group.
About Disney Junior:
Disney Junior reflects the emotional connection generations of consumers have to Disney storytelling and Disney characters, both classic and contemporary. It invites mom and dad to join their child in the Disney experience of magical, musical and heartfelt stories and characters, while incorporating specific learning and development themes designed for kids age 2-7. Disney Junior's series blend Disney's unparalleled storytelling and characters kids love deeply with learning, including early math, language skills, healthy eating and lifestyles, and social skills. Disney Junior launched in February 2011 with a daily programming block on Disney Channel. In its first year, Disney Junior posted the network's biggest yearly audience in the daypart in Total Viewers, Kids 2-5, Boys 2-5 and Women 18-49, increasing by double-digit margins among preschooler demographics over year-ago levels. On March 23, 2012 Disney Junior added a cable and satellite channel in the U.S. Disney Junior channels in Japan, India and Disney Junior Portugal launched in fall 2012, bringing the total number of channels to 33 worldwide.
Source: NTI, U.S. ratings, most current, February 2013: 1/28/13-2/24/13; February 2012: 1/30/12-2/26/12. Total Day rank streaks include ties based on rating; K2-11/K6-11/TW9-14 series ranks based on trackage data with minimum 2 telecasts, sorted by 000s, then rating; K/B/G2-5, P2+, A/W 1849 series ranks based on program level data.