USA IS THE MOST WATCHED CABLE NETWORK IN 1Q FOR THE 8TH CONSECUTIVE YEAR, MARKING A VICTORY NO OTHER CABLE ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK HAS EVER ACHIEVED
SUITS IS #1 CABLE SERIES ON THURSDAY NIGHTS
PSYCH RANKS AS #1 CABLE SCRIPTED HOUR FOR
SOCIAL MEDIA MENTIONS ON WEDNESDAY NIGHTS
NEW YORK - March 19, 2013 - For the 8th consecutive year, USA is #1 cable network among total viewers (3 million) and P25-54 (1.2 million) in the first quarter, earning it the distinction as the most-watched network. Marking a victory no other cable entertainment network has achieved before, this is the 27th quarter that USA is #1 in total viewers (P2+). Below are highlights from the quarter:
· USA's original award-nominated drama SUITS was the #1 series on cable Thursday nights in 1Q13, with 5.5 million total viewers and was the top show in P25-54, with more than 2 million viewers.
· In its seventh season, PSYCH is currently delivering 8% more total viewers P2+ (3.5 million) and P18-34 (740,000) than the comparable episodes in 2012, while holding strong in P18-49 (1.5 million) and P25-54 (1.5 million).
· PSYCH is the #1 scripted hour on cable on Wednesdays for social media mentions in 1Q during its run, with a substantial 57% increase in mentions versus last winter's run. USA has fueled this success by activating fans across mobile, web and social channels.* During the PSYCH Slumber Party on Friday, February 15, nearly a million viewers stayed up all night to watch and digitally interact with fan-selected episodes, delivering the best day ever in social media activity for any USA original. For the premiere on Wednesday, February 27, the network engaged fans on all platforms, driving the Twitter hashtag #psychisback, to trend worldwide and nationally past the episode's close.
· WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW made USA the #1 cable network in its Monday 8p-11p timeslot across all key demos in 1Q13. The series saw double digit gains over its 4Q12 performance in all key demos: up 20% in P18-49 (2.3 million), 18% in P25-54 (2.3 million), 14% in P18-34 (1.2 million) and up 16% in total viewers P2+ (4.9 million) in 1Q13 versus 4Q12.
· USA Network boasts a strong portfolio of acquired series, including the most-watched acquired series on cable in 1Q13: NCIS - with 3.1 million total viewers P2+ and LAW & ORDER: SVU (2.3 million). These series are also two of the top five acquired series on cable for both P18-49 and P25-54. NCIS was up double digits, gaining 11% in total viewers P2+ (3.1 million) and 10% in P25-54 (980,000) in 1Q13, compared to 4Q12. SVU also recorded double digit growth, gaining 11% in P18-49 (875,000) and P25-54 (899,000) and 17% in P18-34 (457,000) in 1Q13 versus 4Q12.
Note: Data reflects blend of Live+7 for 12/31/12-3/3/13, Live+3 for 3/4-3/13/13 and Live+SD for 3/14-3/16/13.