THE HUB CONTINUES YEAR-TO-YEAR GROWTH IN ALL KEY DEMOS
For 37 Consecutive Weeks, The Hub Is
The Most Co-Viewed Children's Network
LOS ANGELES - The Hub Network, the fastest growing children's cable network, continues to show year-to-year growth in all key demos driven by a variety of programming, including the series "Strawberry Shortcake's Berry Bitty Adventures" (American Greetings) and "Family Game Night" (Hasbro Studios and Zoo Productions), as well as a special airing of "Secret Millionaires Club" (A Squared Entertainment).
- In Total Day, The Hub sees double-digit gains year-to-year in key demos, including Kids, Adults, Women, and Total Viewers. (Details below)
- In Prime, The Hub experiences similar year-to-year growth in key demos, including Kids, Adults, Women, and Total Viewers. (Details below)
- For 37 consecutive weeks, The Hub was the most co-viewed children's network among Kids 2-11 watching with Adults 18-49. (Details below)
- In Total Day, The Hub earned year-to-year time period delivery gains among Kids 2-11 (+7%), Kids 6-11 (+15%), Adults 18-49 (+34%), Women 18-49 (+73%), Adults 25-54 (+14%), Women 25-54 (+41%), Persons 2+ (+19%) and Households (+19%).
- In Prime (Monday-Sunday, 8-11 p.m. ET), The Hub earned year-to-year time period delivery gains among Kids 2-11 (+21%), Kids 6-11 (+7%), Adults 18-49 (+55%), Women 18-49 (+63%), Adults 25-54 (+31%), Women 25-54 (+24%), Persons 2+ (+47%) and Households (+33%).
- Thirty-seven percent (37%) of The Hub's Kids 2-11 watched with an Adult 18-49, ahead of Disney Channel (21%), Nickelodeon (24%), Cartoon Network (16%), Disney XD (18%), Nicktoons (20%), Teen Nick (16%), Nick at Nite (19%), Adult Swim (23%), Disney Junior (26%), Sprout (26%), and Nick Jr. (28%).
(Source: The Nielsen Company, program based dayparts, most current, 4/15/13-4/21/13 vs. 4/16/12-4/22/12, growth by delivery, co-viewing from NPower)
About The Hub Network
THE HUB is a multi-platform joint venture between Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) and Hasbro, Inc., (NASDAQ: HAS) with a goal of entertaining, enlightening, empowering and educating children and their families. The cable and satellite television network features original programming as well as content from Discovery's library of award-winning children's educational programming; from Hasbro's rich portfolio of entertainment and educational properties built during the past 90 years; and from leading third-party producers worldwide. The Hub lineup includes animated and live-action series, as well as specials, game shows, and family-favorite movies. The network extends its content through a robust and engaging online presence at www.hubworld.com. The Hub rebranded from Discovery Kids on October 10, 2010, and is available in 72 million U.S. households. The Hub logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Visit The Hub on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/hubtvnetwork