THIS JUST IN ...
SUPER BOWL WEEK POWERS FOX SPORTS 1 TO MULTIPLE VIEWERSHIP RECORDS
Super Bowl Week on FOX Sports 1 brought the channel several new audience highs:
- Thursday night's FOX FIGHT NIGHT: GOLDEN BOY PROMOTIONS boxing event from Barclay's Center in Brooklyn was the franchise's most-watched to date, garnering 365,000 viewers, more than doubling its previous average (175,000).
- On Saturday (2/1), MONSTER ENERGY SUPERCROSS from Anaheim posted 439,000 viewers making it the most-watched Supercross event on FOX Sports 1 since launch.
- Georgetown's 64-60 victory over Michigan State on Saturday (2/1) averaged 539,000 viewers making it the most-watched college basketball game to date on FOX Sports 1.
- The United States Women's National Team's 1-0 victory over Canada in the BATTLE FOR THE BORDER drew 249,000 viewers Friday night (1/31), a 23% increase over the previous USWNT match on FOX Sports 1 on Sept. 3 vs. Mexico (202,000).
- After the Super Bowl FOX SPORTS LIVE averaged 282,000 viewers from 10:15 PM - 12:00 AM ET, setting a new Sunday night record and more than quadrupling its launch-to-date Sunday night average (64,000). The first quarter hour of the program posted 380,000 viewers, more than triple that of its lead-in quarter hour (118,000 for UFC FIGHT FLASHBACK).
- During Super Bowl Week, FOX Sports 1 attracted 1.7 million viewers who had not yet sampled it, the largest number of new viewers added since the week of 11/25/13.
"During Super Bowl Week, in addition to almost 45 hours of coverage directly focused on the game, FOX Sports 1 presented a host of high-profile events including BIG EAST basketball, Golden Boy boxing, USNWT soccer, UFC prelims, Supercross, the NASCAR Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and more," said Bill Wanger, Executive Vice President, Programming, Research and Content Strategy. "We worked very closely with our partners to create a robust Super Bowl Week schedule that would resonate with and attract new viewers to the channel, and clearly we accomplished that goal."