CBS SWEEPS THE WEEK IN VIEWERS, ADULTS 18-49 AND ADULTS 25-54
CBS Has Six of the Top 10 and 11 of the Top 20 Broadcasts
All Three Editions of "Big Brother" Place in the Top 15 in Viewers for the Fourth Consecutive Week
The Three Editions of "Big Brother" Lead the Week in Adults 18-49
"Extant" is the #1 New Scripted Series of the Week in Viewers, While "Under the Dome" is the Week's Top Scripted Broadcast in Adults 18-49
CBS won the week in viewers, adults 18-49 and adults 25-54, paced by all three editions of BIG BROTHER, UNDER THE DOME, EXTANT and rebroadcasts of its hit dramas and comedies, according to Nielsen live plus same day ratings for the week ending August 10.
CBS had six of the week's top 10 broadcasts as well as 11 of the top 20 - including all three editions of BIG BROTHER - for the fourth consecutive week. NCIS (R) was the week's top scripted broadcast in viewers, 60 MINUTES (R) was the week's top news program and THE BIG BANG THEORY (R) was the top comedy.
Among adults 18-49, all three BIG BROTHER 16 broadcasts placed in the top three with BIG BROTHER WEDNESDAY ranking as the week's top broadcast, BIG BROTHER THURSDAY placing second and BIG BROTHER SUNDAY tied for third. UNDER THE DOME was the week's top scripted broadcast.
CBS Broadcasts in the Top 20:
#3 - 60 MINUTES-R (8.22m)
#4 - NCIS-R (7.91m)
#6 - UNDER THE DOME (6.83m)
#7 - THE BIG BANG THEORY-R (6.53m)
#8 - BIG BROTHER-WED (6.49m)
#9 - BIG BROTHER-THU (6.09m)
#11 - EXTANT (5.94m)
#12 - BIG BROTHER-SUN (5.93m)
#13 - NCIS: LOS ANGELES-R (5.63m)
#14 - BLUE BLOODS-R (5.57m)
#19 - MOM-THURSDAY-R (5.00m)
CBS Weekly Highlights:
UNDER THE DOME
· UNDER THE DOME was first in viewers (6.83m) and second in adults 25-54 (2.2/06) and adults 18-49 (1.6/05). Compared to last week, UNDER THE DOME was up +5% in adults 25-54 (from 2.1/06), +7% in adults 18-49 (from 1.5/05) and added +260,000 viewers (from 6.57m, +4%).
· EXTANT was first in viewers (5.94m), adults 5-54 (1.4/04) and adults 18-49 (1.0/04).
· BIG BROTHER WEDNESDAY was first in viewers (6.49m), adults 25-54 (2.6/08), adults 18-49 (2.2/08) and adults 18-34 (1.6/07).
· BIG BROTHER THURSDAY was first in viewers (6.09m), adults 25-54 (2.5/07), adults 18-49 (2.1/07) and adults 18-34 (1.5/06).
· BIG BROTHER SUNDAY (10:01-11:00 PM) was first in viewers (5.93m), adults 25-54 (2.5/07), adults 18-49 (2.0/06) and adults 18-34 (1.3/05).
PGA CHAMPIONSHIP SUNDAY
· Two-hours of the PGA CHAMPIONSHIPS SUNDAY (S) runover posted an average of 11.98m viewers, 3.2/10 in adults 25-54 and 2.5/09 in adults 18-49 from 7:00-9:00 PM.
Prime averages are based on the following hours of rated broadcasts in Week #46
CBS - 22 hours
NBC - 21 hours and 43 minutes
ABC - 21 hours and 43 minutes
FOX - 15 hours