USA IS THE #1 CABLE NETWORK FOR 3Q 2014 ACROSS ALL KEY DEMOS
SUITS is Top 5 Summer Cable Drama Series
WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW, Powerful Portfolio of Originals and Syndicated Series Garners Success for the Network
NEW YORK - September 24, 2014 - USA Network is the #1 ad supported cable entertainment network for the ninth consecutive third quarter in P18-49 (886,000) and P25-54 (935,000), double digits ahead of its nearest competitor in the latter. The network also ranked #1 in P18-34 (426,000) for the quarter. The win comes off the heels of a strong summer for the network, driven by a powerful stable of originals including the network's marquee original drama, SUITS, acquired series and WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW.
Below please find some highlights from the quarter:
· SUITS was among the top 5 scripted series on ad-supported cable this quarter in P18-49 (1.84MM), P25-54 (2.02MM) and P18-34 (844,000) and a top ten series on basic cable in total viewers P2+ (4.50MM). Season 4.0 of the series reached a total audience of 14.1 million viewers across its various platforms, including live viewing, DVR playback, set-top VOD, digital on-demand and electronic sell-through.
· ROYAL PAINS and COVERT AFFAIRS were both top 5 scripted series on Tuesday Nights in 3Q14 among total viewers P2+ (3.62MM, 3.56MM) and ROYAL PAINS was top 5 among P25-54 (1.48MM). GRACELAND was television's #1 drama in P18-34 Wednesday nights at 10pm this quarter, beating three of the broadcast networks head-to-head.
· USA original series experienced some of the biggest P18-49 L7 lifts amongst cable's top 50 series, more than doubling their live same audiences. Three of USA's originals are among the top five most time shifted shows on cable including: COVERT AFFAIRS, the #1 time shifted series (138%, 1.06MM), GRACELAND (115%, 1.27MM) and ROYAL PAINS (103%, 1.35MM).
· WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW is the #2 series in all of television amongst M18-34 in 3Q14. The franchise, recently renewed for a multi-year deal, is among the top ten series this quarter for P18-49 (1.96MM), P25-54 (2.03MM), P18-34 (962,000), and total viewers P2+ (4.50MM). RAW helped make USA the #1 network on television, broadcast or cable, in delivering M18-49, M18-34 and total males M2+ to Monday night primetime.
· USA boasts a portfolio including the best acquired series on cable with LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT and NCIS ranking as the top two acquired dramas in prime this quarter in P18-49 (SVU 720,000 / NCIS 474,000), P25-54 (SVU 699,000 / NCIS 601,000) and total viewers P2+ (SVU 1.88MM / NCIS 2.19MM). The network's newest acquisition, MODERN FAMILY, continues to bring in a young and upscale audience to the channel.
About USA Network
The #1 network in all of basic cable for an unprecedented eight straight years, USA Network is seen in more than 102 million U.S. homes. USA offers a powerful stable of dramatic, comedic and unscripted originals. The network also features spectacular live television, a dynamic portfolio of acquired series and the best in blockbuster theatrical films and entertainment events. A trailblazer in digital innovation and storytelling, USA is defining, driving and setting the industry standard for Social TV. USA is a program service of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal. The award-winning website is located at http://www.usanetwork.com