"Peter Pan Live!" (2.3/7 in 18-49, 9.1 million viewers overall from 8-11 p.m. ET):
· Captured NBC's second-most-watched non-sports Thursday in more than five years (since the "ER" finale, April 2, 2009), behind only last year's "Sound of Music Live!" over that span.
· In 18-49, delivered NBC's second-highest-rated Thursday, excluding sports, in three years (since Sept. 22, 2011).
· Is up +121% versus NBC's Thursday season average (9.129 million vs. 4.127 million).
· More than doubled NBC's Thursday non-sports season average in 18-49 (2.3 vs. 1.1, L+SD).
NOTE: The NFL Network carried a high-rated Cowboys-Bears game last night, which is expected to deliver a much higher rating than the comparable year-ago Texans-Jaguars game.
NOTE: CBS carried the Cowboys-Bears game in both the Chicago and Dallas markets and results are subject to downward adjustment inn official nationals.
QUOTE FROM ROBERT GREENBLATT, CHAIRMAN, NBC ENTERTAINMENT:
We're very pleased with the Peter Pan ratings and it was a great night for NBC. We won every hour, which hasn't happened on Thursday with entertainment programming since a year ago. I'm proud to be part of a company that takes chances and creates big events, and that's exactly what we're going to continue to do.
We didn't expect to reach the same rating as The Sound of Music since that was the first live movie event of its kind in over 50 years. But the high wire act of Peter Pan was a joy for everyone involved and I take my hat off to Allison Williams, Christopher Walken, the entire company, and our incredible directors and producers for three months of the hardest work I've ever seen. I love these live events and we're already working on putting the next one together.
Thursday Primetime Results (Note that CBS carried NFL football in Dallas and Chicago):
· "Peter Pan Live!" (2.3/7 in 18-49, 9.1 million viewers overall from 8-11 p.m. ET) captured NBC's second-most-watched non-sports Thursday in more than five years (since the "ER" finale, April 2, 2009), behind only last year's "Sound of Music Live!" over that span.
· In 18-49, "Peter Pan Live!" delivered NBC's second-highest-rated Thursday, excluding sports, in three years (since Sept. 22, 2011).
· "Peter Pan Live!" grew +121% versus NBC's Thursday non-sports season average (9.129 million vs. 4.127 million, L+SD) while more than doubling NBC's Thursday season average excluding sports, in 18-49 (2.3 vs. 1.1, L+SD).
· NBC is #1 for the night among the Big 4 in adults 18-49 as well as adults, men and women 18-34 and women 18-49 and is expected to rank #1 among those networks in women 25-54 and total viewers in official nationals.
· NBC ranked #1 or tied for #1 for a fifth night in a row (Sunday, Nov. 30 through Thursday, Dec. 4) among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in 18-49, marking the first time any network has ranked #1 for five consecutive nights in the past year, since NBC won six in a row (including a tie) from Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013 through Friday Dec. 6.
In Late-Night Metered Markets Thursday night:
· In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon," 2.6/7 with an encore telecast; CBS's "Late Show with David Letterman," 2.3/6 with an encore; and ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 1.9/5.
· In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon," 0.9/4 with an encore; "Late Show," 0.7/3 with an encore; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.6/3.
· From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC's "Nightline" averaged a 1.2/4 in metered-market households and a 0.5/3 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
· From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, "Late Night with Seth Meyers" (1.2/4 in metered-market households with an encore) tied CBS's first-run "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (1.2/4). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.4/3 in 18-49 with an encore) tied "Late Late Show" (0.4/3).
· At 1:35 a.m., "Last Call with Carson Daly" averaged a 0.7/3 in metered-market households with an encore and a 0.3/2 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.