In Late-Night Metered-Market Household Averages for Saturday night:
· "Saturday Night Live," with host James Franco and musical guest Nicki Minaj (4.4 rating, 11 share in household results in the 56 markets metered by Nielsen Media Research; 2.2/10 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters) delivered the show's second highest rating in metered-market households so far this season, trailing only the Nov. 1 telecast (with host Chris Rock and musical guest Prince, 4.9/12).
· It's also the show's second highest rating in metered-market households since March 1 (with host Jim Parsons and musical guest Beck, 4.6/12).
Saturday Primetime Results:
· From 8-11 p.m., an encore telecast of the 1946 movie classic "It's a Wonderful Life" (0.7/2 in 18-49, 3.9 million viewers) equaled NBC's highest Saturday 18-49 primetime average of the season, best since the Purdue-Notre Dame College Football telecast on Sept. 13 scored a 0.9.
· From its first half-hour to its sixth, "It's a Wonderful Life" grew by +80% in adults 18-49 (from a 0.5 to a 0.9), +75% in adults 25-54 (0.8 to 1.4) and +67% or more than 2.0 million persons in total viewers (3.0 million to 5.1 million).
· "It's a Wonderful Life" finished within a tenth of a rating point of its most recent Saturday telecast two years ago (0.8 on Dec. 1, 2012) and retained 92% of that telecast in total viewers (3.859 million vs. 4.177 million).
· This is NBC's 37th primetime telecast of "It's a Wonderful Life," directed by Frank Capra and starring Jimmy Stewart, since the movie was brought to broadcast network television in 1994.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.