Regarding this morning's Nielsens, note that the fast-national ratings that came in at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT are not time zone-adjusted and typically understate live NFL telecasts. Despite that, NBC is currently #1 for the night among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in all key measures - adults, men and women 18-34, 18-49 and 25-54, plus total viewers.
· In metered-market results, which accurately reflect time-zone adjustments, last night's Dallas Cowboys-Philadelphia Eagles "Sunday Night Football" telecast averaged a 14.9 rating, 24 share from 8:30-11:45 p.m. ET in household results from the 56 markets metered by Nielsen Media Research to win primetime in household rating and adults 18-49 by wide margins.
· The Cowboys' 38-27 win over the Eagles posted the best "SNF" overnight rating since Week 1 of the NFL season(Colts-Broncos on Sept. 7, 15.1/25).
· The 14.9/24 for Cowboys-Eagles is up +37% from last year's Week 15 game (Bengals-Steelers; 10.9/18).
· The 39.2/56 local result in Dallas is the best for a Cowboys game in that market in the last 11 "SNF" games featuring the Cowboys, since Dec. 11, 2011 (41.6/58 for New York Giants-Dallas).
· Top local ratings for the Cowboys-Eagles game on NBC were: Dallas, 39.2/56; Philadelphia, 33.3/49; San Antonio, 27.3/42; Austin, 20.8/37; Norfolk, 20.5/32; Albuquerque, 20.5/30; Richmond, 20.3/31; Houston, 18.5/29; New Orleans, 18.2/26; Oklahoma City, 17.7/26; Tulsa, 17.7/26.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.