Regarding this morning's Nielsens, note that the fast-national ratings that came in at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT are not time zone-adjusted and typically understate live NFL telecasts. Despite that, NBC is currently #1 for the night among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in all key measures - adults, men and women 18-34, 18-49 and 25-54, plus total viewers.
· In metered-market results, which accurately reflect time-zone adjustments, last night's Cincinnati Bengals-Pittsburgh Steelers "Sunday Night Football" telecast averaged a 12.7 rating, 21 share from 8:30-11:30 p.m. ET in household results from the 56 markets metered by Nielsen Media Research, as NBC won primetime in metered-market households and in 18-49 in the Local People Meter markets by wide margins.
· The 12.7/21 for the Steelers' 27-17 win over the Bengals is up +11% versus the last Week 17 "Sunday Night Football" matchup that did not represent a "win or go home" game for both competing teams (11.4/18 for Bengals-Jets in 2009).
· The 12.7/21 in metered-market households last night is up +17% versus last season's Bengals-Steelers "SNF" game in Week 15 (10.9/18)
· The game's 38.7/58 local rating in Cincinnati is the best ever for a Bengals NBC "Sunday Night Football" game in that market.
· Top local ratings for the Bengals-Steelers game on NBC were: Pittsburgh, 47.2/67; Cincinnati, 38.7/58; Dayton, 31.5/47; Columbus, 21.8/33; Baltimore, 20.8/34; Las Vegas, 20.3/30; Cleveland, 19.3/29; Louisville, 16.7/24; Norfolk, 16.6/27; and New Orleans, 16.6/25.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.